Swivel Seats - Recommendations

Dunno bud..... Convertor guy fitted them, he doesn't fit anything else. Can find out if you need but looks like @carlg has that covered.

Kiri vans do a double seat swivel
I have sports craft good and solid, came with the handbrake lowering bracket but you'll still have drop handbrake off to swivel seat all the way. Which means the covers don't fit anymore either.
Just means me making a ply box to cover mechanisms!
Again kirivans do RIB ones which you can also get a pair of spacers to lift seat up higher still, which is fine if all drivers are at least 5'8" again great if you have standard rock n roll beds! As passenger seat doesn't have height adjustment.

Sportscraft aftermarket swivels on mine. Did order the factory swivels but had to delete them as they were cursing order delays at the time. Mine are two singles though.... Not sure if they do a double passenger.

Would def recommend though.... Feel very sturdy to operate and no rattles.

Hi can anyone who has fitted these confirm if the passenger seat swivels without any need to alter the handbrake?
Also, have you fitted these to height adjustable seats, if so do they add much in the way of height that can't be compensated for by lowering the seat?

thanks v much

Hi can anyone who has fitted these confirm if the passenger seat swivels without any need to alter the handbrake?
Also, have you fitted these to height adjustable seats, if so do they add much in the way of height that can't be compensated for by lowering the seat?

thanks v much

Passenger seat needs no adjustments directly fits no issues.
But drivers even with handbrake bracket still does not turn without releasing handbrake even with it jacked it right up!
The spacers to lift it enough I've been told won't fit sportcraft and they don't do one.
I just put it in gear release hand brake slowly and you can then spin it! But on chocks you'd probably need to do it from door with foot on brake, like the good old days of T2's !!!

How do the swivels work with the handbrake on the side of the drivers seat? Are the swivel plates on the floor or part way up the seat assembly ?

You remove the seat , bolt the swivels on replace seat on top leaving the " cage" subframe as is bolted to floor, plenty of videos in YouTube

How easy is it to fit the swivel seats? Could I do it myself? I'm an average DIY er.

Thanks for info folks
I'll be hopefully fitting sportscradts to mine when I get it, both seats are height adjustable
I'm fairly tall (6-3) do you think they will add too much height?

Just fitted my Kiravans double seat swivel today, no need to move handbrake or put in gear, its a good bit of kit, I would recommend buying the floor for the base of the seats at £16 as it allows you to still use the storage space under the seat.
Only issue I had was I needed to make the holes in the swivel bigger with a drill bit as it didn't fit .

I've had my Sportscraft one in now for a few months and no complaints. Really easy to fit, and no squeaks or rattles once you've capped off the fixings with something to stop bare metal on bare metal. (Some plastic caps please Jennings).

If you speak with Colin at VWVC, Witney.
He provides an exchanhe service for the bases. He has modifided bases that lowers handbrake. This allows the sportscraft variant to work alittle better.

If you use VW T5 / T6 Driver seat swivel (RIB) with offset

The offset part of the design is alot better than sportscraft... however it is also about 30/35mm higher.. but workable for ease of swival.

So to confirm....I am looking at the Sports Craft swivel adapters and I have a T6 Kombi with 2 single front seats.
Passenger no problem to fit with only a 35mm increase in height on seat once in.
Drivers side also no problem to fit, just have to jack up and have the handbrake down to turn correct?
Thanks

So to confirm....I am looking at the Sports Craft swivel adapters and I have a T6 Kombi with 2 single front seats.
Passenger no problem to fit with only a 35mm increase in height on seat once in.
Drivers side also no problem to fit, just have to jack up and have the handbrake down to turn correct?
Thanks
The hand brake has to be lowered ,it needs removing of the seat base and lowered down and re welding back on to seat base

Back