swivel seat with airbag?

Doulsy

Miss my T4
T6 Guru
anyone fitted a swivel base on a single captains seat with airbag? im about to try this, so any help would be great, i have a double passenger with airbag and have just bought a single with airbag, wondering if i need to extend cable or is it straight forward?

Not a full answer but the California has airbags and swivel seats. I may be wrong but I don't think the seats are special for the California.

Not a full answer but the California has airbags and swivel seats. I may be wrong but I don't think the seats are special for the California.
Thanks, been looking about all night, can't decide on which swivel now lol, I seen a swivel safe base, like one i had on old t4, not sure how the airbag cable will work with that, just read a 5 page thread on here about swivels and still cant decide.

This is also on my ‘to do’ list.
The JK swivel with safe looks good, but at £300 I’m not quite ready yet.

This is also on my ‘to do’ list.
The JK swivel with safe looks good, but at £300 I’m not quite ready yet.
imo, none of the swivels look like they could survive a crash, they are all connected to base around the circle in the middle, had the cmc one on my t4 and it seemed as solid as anything out there and it good value, single seat and swivel is a minefield, even this forum has not sorted it out yet.

IMG_20210306_120925.jpgIMG_20210306_140339.jpg
IMG_20210306_132632.jpg
The airbag connection was fine, no need to extend it

Last edited:
IMG_20210306_110746.jpg

Cut the part off that stops it locking when rotated, reimo say the locking is optional

imo, none of the swivels look like they could survive a crash, they are all connected to base around the circle in the middle, had the cmc one on my t4 and it seemed as solid as anything out there and it good value, single seat and swivel is a minefield, even this forum has not sorted it out yet.

The Sportscraft swivels are also secured by extra fitments when in the forward facing position. These are at the back of the mounting plates and locate when the seat is in that position. The actual swivel hollow 'bolt' is a purpose made item and looks to be extremely strong not at all like an off the shelf swivel plate

The Sportscraft swivels are also secured by extra fitments when in the forward facing position. These are at the back of the mounting plates and locate when the seat is in that position. The actual swivel hollow 'bolt' is a purpose made item and looks to be extremely strong not at all like an off the shelf swivel plate
i looked at all the swivels, the riemo one made by aguti looks the best imo, tbh if i never had airbag and all the wiring i would have went with a cmc safe swivel seat base.

i looked at all the swivels, the riemo one made by aguti looks the best imo.
Hi @Doulsy how are you getting on with the Reimo swivels? I’m looking at getting a set but there aren’t many reviews or images around. Any wobble? Did you go for the drivers as well?

Hi @Doulsy how are you getting on with the Reimo swivels? I’m looking at getting a set but there aren’t many reviews or images around. Any wobble? Did you go for the drivers as well?
Just got passenger from cmc, I'm really happy with it and it's fine with airbag wire ect, no one has mentioned any wobble

Back