Master Switch for Interior Lights.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hi all.
Is there a switch to turn all the interior lights on. In my car you pull the headlight switch and that turns on the interiors. Can't find anything in my van that does this. Van is a Highline Kombi.
I have done a search and can't find an answer.
Thanks

Edit. I know how to do it manually on every light but wondered is there a away to do them all at once?

If there is a way then I have never come across it and I have always done mine manually.

The Shuttle courtesy lights all come on with the front overhead light switch. Its odd that the combi doesn't do the same given it's passenger carrying purpose.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m sure I saw a photo on here where someone had modified their front interior light so it acted as a master switch for all other interior lights.
I’m converting my PV to a camper and want to have my lights work like this.
It wasn’t you, was it @Deaky??

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m sure I saw a photo on here where someone had modified their front interior light so it acted as a master switch for all other interior lights.
Pleased you have dragged it up again as I would like to find away also.:thumbsup:

Yes it was me :thumbsup: it’s in my build thread.

Yes mate but it is easy enough to identify which terminals to use on the standard light with a circuit tester

Yes mate but it is easy enough to identify which terminals to use on the standard light with a circuit tester
Great, cheers.

What did you do with the roof lights in the back - rip them out? I ask as I will keep the VW lights to run in addition to switched aftermarket lighting. Cheers.

So I’m now starting to retrofit footwell lighting that is controlled by the front ceiling light as per @Deaky ‘s thread Footwell lighting

I’ve had a little play around with my footwell-light cables and found they’ll either stay on or stay off regardless of the position of the switch
(I’ve been touching the cables on the copper connections)..
755D842A-4FC9-41E6-A51D-4813FAE413F3.jpeg

I’m now under the impression that the standard light isn’t sophisticated enough to allow switching like the Passat light module.
Or will I need to wire in my footwell lights to the actual bulb connections?

Sounds like your connecting them before the switch and not after it, you need to find the right connection point
If you get stuck I can take my light out and have a look but the boss is out in the van at the moment, not sure it’s going to be easy connecting onto copper track, he had a circuit board in his so had some points to add into

Pick up your connections from the main bulb

6C1F5017-7EF1-44D0-AC8C-526A882714C6.jpeg

Pick up your connections from the main bulb

borat_great_success.jpg

Thank you both - just gone out to the van and loose-fitted the cable - success. Tracing back from the bulbs pointed out the obvious.

A bit of flicker was present but I haven’t got my meter with me to work out which side is negative (and was only holding the cable on by hand).
This saves me buying the Passat module now :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pretty sure my kombi master switch will turn all the interior lights on?

Dear guys,
I own an end 2016 caravelle and my interior rear lights and courtesy lights stay on for a long time when I open a door. This cause a waste of energy as I use my van also for camping. There is no switch to turn them off in the front console.
Do any of you know how could I place a switch to control the power?
Thank you in advance for your help!

marcoimage.jpgimage.jpg

I have exactly the same issue. Maybe there is a clever forum member who knows how to set the time using long coding via ODB11.

Great tip, thanks Chris.
what about placing a switch? Do you know how find the main power line for the rear area and switch it? Is it close to the rear view mirror?

Back