SWB: do 8x4 sheets fit between the arches?

Corey2512

Quick question, just looking into buying a swb t6.1 panel van. Just wanted to know can you get sheets 8x4 (1220x2440) laying down flat in the back between the wheel arches from the bulkhead to the back doors? Thanks in advance

Not quite what you asked - I had two sheets 1220x2440 kingspan in today vertically. I had to move the passenger seat forward but there was about 1 1/2” movement fore / aft on the sheets between the back door and metal base of the seat (no bulkhead).

I have the rear heater in mine with the extra plastic panel and its 48 1/4” between the arches so its pretty close!

I expect its been designed around an 8x4 sheet!!

My arches are ply boxed. cant remember exactly the width between the two BUT it may deppend on exactly what 8 x 4 you are talking about. True 8 x 4 is 1220 x 2440 so say a sheet of 18mm ply might be that exact size. But if you talk about 8 x 4 plasterboard, the 8ft is imperial (2440mm) and the 4ft is metric (1200mm). And they deffo fit inbetween the ply lined arches and layed flat in my van. But I'm not sure an actual 4ft wide board does fit flat in mine.

Hi, we cut CNC floor and believe it or not the gap between the wheel arches can differ when we fit the floor. The floor we cut is 1230mm which leaves 3 mm ish for tolerance to the wheel arches. The 8 x 4 sheet should be 1220mm wide so they will fit snug. They will be very shug also in terms of length at 2440mm.

Good luck

I put 8x4 sheets in all the time. Seats go down flat and I use what ever in my work van I.e buckets and rest them on. 20 sheets or more it’s fine

Back