Swapping factory LED headlights

Damon

Hi guys . I currently have a t6 combi and t 6 caravelle. I'm wanting to swap over the head lights to the caravelle . As i have both vehicles would it be possible to swap over . I know there will be some wiring involved. If anyone has done the conversion could any give me a rough step by step guidance. Many thanks damon

Can you confirm what lights you have on each vehicle now ?
Out of the factory the T6 could come with H4, H7 or full LED. Have a look in this sub-forum to see the differences.
Advice on how to do the change will depend entirely on what you have now.

Pete

Hi Pete the kombi has the full led type with I want to put on my caravelle but not sure if it's the h4 or h7. Obviously I need both vans to be working correctly after swap . I'm at work atm but I will check bulb set up on caravelle

Should be fairly straight forward, follow roberts guide on here for the LED additional cabling (assume you won't want to fully strip out the existing loom) then you'd probably just need to add some extra wires for the manual headlamp adjusters for the H7's to work off the rotary dial? Good luck, keep us posted

I would be more concerned about down grading from the LEDs on the Kombi. I don’t think anyone has done that !

Pete

Will it need the rear ARB swapping over? As it has the levelling adjuster for the LEDs?

Managed to get indicators dipped and mainbeam to work. Will try and tackle it again tomorrow

Hello,
I have 16 and 66 plate t6. I want to swap over the headlights as one of the vans has original factory LEDs.
is it a simple job of just swapping over the lights or do the wiring looms ect need to be changed over aswell?

Cheers!

It’s much more involved than just swapping the headlights. You need wiring changes including some at the BCM, you need to swap over the levelling sensors and wire them in too, then once all done you’ll need VCDS or similar to code the new lights so that they work correctly.

A few people on here have done the upgrade DIY and you’re in a good starting position having all the hardware you need already.

Have a read through this thread, it’s a long thread, but all the info is in there.

Thread 'T6 LED headlight retrofit'
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/t6-led-headlight-retrofit.2460/

Back