These look great! How are you finding them? Comfortable/quiet? What wheel size did you have previously? What are they like to keep clean?!
Cheers!
Love them, suit the van perfectly I think. No problems with comfort, and the tyres are very quiet for this type.
Probably not the easiest to clean, but not something that bothers me, and they hide the dirt well in between washes.
They certainly get all the attention from others.

I finally took the plunge and let @BognorMotors do their stuff. Fuel Zephyr 17's and Solow coilovers. I also had H&R anti roll bars fitted and the whole package has made an incredible difference to how it drives. A touch firmer but so much more controlled. It feels like a car which is quite something.
Thanks to @T6180 for the wheels :cool:
20211212_154615.jpg

I finally took the plunge and let @BognorMotors do their stuff. Fuel Zephyr 17's and Solow coilovers. I also had H&R anti roll bars fitted and the whole package has made an incredible difference to how it drives. A touch firmer but so much more controlled. It feels like a car which is quite something.

Thanks to @T6180 for the wheels 

They look so good

Had mine done at THQ, Twin-Adjust-Projekt Sensitiv PLUS Komfort Coilover Kit, lowered 40mm, H&R ARB's, 17" Navis MAC-AT wheels, Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3WA 235/65/17 tyres, massive difference, sure footed, more direct and drives like a car, best thing I've ever done THQ Pics on Social Media (2).jpgTHQ Pics on Social Media (4).jpgTHQ Pics on Social Media (9).jpg2 x

Thanks to @T6180 for the wheels :cool:
View attachment 138875
Stunning van. Glad you’re pleased with the result

Aaaarrgghh. Just as I thought I’d narrowed it down to a couple of possible alloys I see another swamper low look at the NEC show. Shod with Falken Wildpeak rubber. So looking through this thread and searching the net I’m now thinking Swamper Low as well with Fuel Covert 18” rims. Wife says she’ll feel happier driving it rather than 20” with rubber bands to kerb.

2019AF26-6CA5-4A0D-B44F-932BF861754B.jpeg

Swapper so so yes baby ,but for me lowered is reminding me of the word “oxymoron”
I’ll try not to wake at 2 in the morning with the nightmare of been bottomed out in a swamp with lowered wheels

Swapper so so yes baby ,but for me lowered is reminding me of the word “oxymoron”
I’ll try not to wake at 2 in the morning with the nightmare of been bottomed out in a swamp with lowered wheels
It is interesting, I spent my younger years driving armoured vehicles and landrovers, properly offroad... The most I'll do now is drive off a track to park on grass in camp sites or sailing clubs, but I do it all year round and as anyone who offroads knows tyres are the most important bit (not 4wd or suspension). So for me a set of all terrain tyres means I won't get stuck at a sailing event on a sunday night when I want to go home, or trash a grass pitch trying to get on and off. Ground clearance is not a concern, on Monday morning when I need to park in an airport car park for work being able to get under a 2m barrier is....

Some people make the lowered swamper change for the look, some with good technical reason. However I think in the two years on this site I haven't seen many people who actaully take their vehicles off road and I include myself in that statement (gravel tracks don't really count).

There's no right or wrong answer as with most things, it's down to what each person wants or needs.

It is interesting, I spent my younger years driving armoured vehicles and landrovers, properly offroad... The most I'll do now is drive off a track to park on grass in camp sites or sailing clubs, but I do it all year round and as anyone who offroads knows tyres are the most important bit (not 4wd or suspension). So for me a set of all terrain tyres means I won't get stuck at a sailing event on a sunday night when I want to go home, or trash a grass pitch trying to get on and off. Ground clearance is not a concern, on Monday morning when I need to park in an airport car park for work being able to get under a 2m barrier is....

Some people make the lowered swamper change for the look, some with good technical reason. However I think in the two years on this site I haven't seen many people who actaully take their vehicles off road and I include myself in that statement (gravel tracks don't really count).

There's no right or wrong answer as with most things, it's down to what each person wants or needs.
I echo what you're saying. I want the van low, but not belly scraping low as I'm not actually off-roading and want to park in all carparks and not worry about barrier heights, and when I go across a wet grass campsite I don't want to get stuck, but still have good grip on road. Hence why I thought of going the 'hybrid' route.

Back