It's a yes from me, with all the plastics gloss black with maybe some bronze highlights to match the wheel centres like BM's the look is spot on.

Lowered in B14's with S+S steels and Falken AT tyres.

I spent 20 years driving off road vehicles for work, and the most difficult terrain is waterlogged grass. The most effective tool is the correct tyres (followed by good 4wd).

I like the look lowered, we're not going to be doing any off road other than campsites and camping fields so I don't need the clearence. We do plant to explore Europe year round, so a capable snow rated tyre is a must.

We had 20 inch alloys previously and the ride was hard and noisy. Fitting these was like buying a new van, much more comfortable, still stable on the B14's and much quieter. The fact 4 mid range tyres were almost the same price as the S+S wheels and 4 mid range tyres made it an easy choice.

Attachments

• PXL_20210325_184149831.jpg
    PXL_20210325_184149831.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 250
What you're asking is definitely doable, but beware.
Obviously as you increase the outer diameter of the tyre, i.e the tread surface, you increase the ground clearance, BUT, it also means that your gearing is affected. So the ratios calculated by VW over many miles of evaluation, to be the most effective, are changed which may make your T6 less driveable and impact on acceleration.
I changed my set up (for other reasons) and my gearing is increased by 3.9% over how it came out of the factory and also gave me 11 mm more ground clearance. Some people have opted for much larger increases by using bigger wheels and larger aspect ratio tyres but I personally wouldn't go any higher than 5% as it would make the gearing too tall for my preference. Be aware that your speedo will also under read.
Try a few calculations using this website:
The short answer is, using bigger wheels and tyres alone is not the answer if you want significantly more ground clearance, in my opinion.
Thanks Dave ... bit of a Pandora’s Box it seems. Was hoping for a quick kill but not for just 11mm. Thank you for the .com site I’ll try that .. what would you advise I do to gain ground clearance ?

Thanks Dave ... bit of a Pandora’s Box it seems. Was hoping for a quick kill but not for just 11mm. Thank you for the .com site I’ll try that .. what would you advise I do to gain ground clearance?
You could try something like:

They also do a 45mm lift kit if you want to go even higher.

You could try something like:

They also do a 45mm lift kit if you want to go even higher.
Thank you for your prompt detailed reply Dave, you’re a gent.
would prefer 45mm gain, I don’t intend living off road I just want it to be there when I need it with no worries.

Swamper 17" Fuel Zephyr alloys running non-swamper Goodyear 225/55/17s tyres

This look is like marmite, you either like it or hate it!....personally I'm liking it and comfort wise, it's so good!

View attachment 114495View attachment 114496
I think it looks the bollocks mate !! Best of both styles and it’s nice to drive am thinking of doing the same big rims and skinny tyres will always look good but maybe it’s time for something new
Swamper 17" Fuel Zephyr alloys running non-swamper Goodyear 225/55/17s tyres

This look is like marmite, you either like it or hate it!....personally I'm liking it and comfort wise, it's so good!

View attachment 114495View attachment 114496

I’m still struggling to decide on wheels. At the moment on the (not so) short list are

1392460D-8328-49A2-A246-F42ECA945C44.jpeg

E4A451E4-8D07-49C0-9069-E5BC4732B323.png

10466AED-7117-4846-8796-CFE881D7F4F2.png

AAEB0BF7-6A10-49AE-890F-238DF6BF9F3A.jpeg

35923B41-D29B-4AEE-BAC3-B33536B6A5CD.jpeg

I’m still struggling to decide on wheels. At the moment on the (not so) short list are

View attachment 118474

View attachment 118475

View attachment 118476

View attachment 118477

View attachment 118478

I pre-ordered the Rockets in 20" but then cancelled them after someone said they looked like Land Rover Discovery wheels and I couldn't get that out of my head, but I do still like them.

They all look a sod to keep clean, but in my experience of running Black wheels, the less you can see of the inner barrel, the better, because cleaning that part constantly becomes very tedious. Out of the above, it would be the Fuel for me.

I pre-ordered the Rockets in 20" but then cancelled them after someone said they looked like Land Rover Discovery wheels and I couldn't get that out of my head, but I do still like them.

They all look a sod to keep clean, but in my experience of running Black wheels, the less you can see of the inner barrel, the better, because cleaning that part constantly becomes very tedious. Out of the above, it would be the Fuel for me.
The fuel and the boxer look good
Think they are all a pain to keep clean !!

From your selection there my choice would be the fuel.... they seem to have the most dish and depth to them. Just my opinion, but I’m not into a flat faced wheel!?
I think the overlands have quite a dish, doenst show in the pic too well.

Yes, I do like the Rockets. Plus of all the wheels above look the easiest to clean. The Fuel Covert look the hardest. (Spoke to Mickey and no plans as yet for the red ones. Black in a few months i think.)

I know what you are saying about seeing and keeping the barrel clean, but wouldnt that be easiest on the Rocket - can see most but can get hand/brush in easiest also.

I was thinking the overlands were half way between hiding the the dish and easy to clean.

Maybe these would be the ones to pick. lol
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 08.14.12.png

Boxer for me. Although it would depend on the symmetry of the bolt holes to spokes when drilled for 5, not 6.

I like the Boxer, have a set of 18in Rockets getting delivered today.
I just went for straight edged design and easy to clean.

I like the Boxer, have a set of 18in Rockets getting delivered today.
I just went for straight edged design and easy to clean.
SO you like the boxer best but bought the Rockets as easiest to clean? I can understand that thought process lol

Back