Swamper Tyre Pressure 235/65/17

Springer13

Hi, you guys running with Cooper Discoverer R/T3 235/65 R17, what tyre pressures are you running them at?
Cheers

Hey, no didn’t get any reply from this helpful group () so bit of trial and error which is still ongoing!!! I’m currently running the front at 45 and the rear at 39, seems to be driving a lot better than it was which was a lot lower psi, Im just about to increase it slightly to see if it makes the drive any better. I take it you have the same tyres, what you running at?? Any advice???? Cheers

I guess people can only be helpful on forums when they can actually provide helpful answers. Afterall, you wouldn’t want guesses, especially with pertinent issues such as tyre pressure.

Anyway, here’s some help from me - @Glenn Board or @Guy Dawkins have mentioned that tyre size, so they may be able to advise.
Hi, I was going to have the Seikel raised suspension kit fitted to my van which includes
235/65R17 108H tyres being fitted to my standard wheels, they tell me that if they do s speedo adjustment to match these tyres that there is a possibility that the cruise control will stop functioning completely!
T32 TDI 150/map180 with 420 torques 235 65 17, 20mm spacers and no rubs etc, +25mm raise, clearance remaining 10mm 6% rolling radius and the speedo is true rather than a bit optimisic. Softer ride is good, not noisy but you stay slightly longer in the gears and 6th is only on the motorway.
Falken Wildpeak
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Hey, no didn’t get any reply from this helpful group () so bit of trial and error which is still ongoing!!! I’m currently running the front at 45 and the rear at 39, seems to be driving a lot better than it was which was a lot lower psi, Im just about to increase it slightly to see if it makes the drive any better. I take it you have the same tyres, what you running at?? Any advice???? Cheers
Thanks. I’m running same size General Grabbers. Only for 5 days so no advice unfortunately. I am running lower than you, so will try an increase today and report back....

Hey @Ads_Essex thank for your reply I apologise if I came across a bit sarcastic, was just trying to be a bit lighthearted and I totally get that people don’t want to commit to such pertinent issues such as Tyre pressures. It’s certainly a trial and error scenario for me as will probably be for others running with these or similar tyres

Thanks. I’m running same size General Grabbers. Only for 5 days so no advice unfortunately. I am running lower than you, so will try an increase today and report back....

When I first got the van the pressure’s were a lot lower but felt really unstable, more so at higher speeds (50+mph) but the increase in the pressure has certainly made it feel more stable Looking forward to your update, have a great day

Anyone else have a preferred/recommended tyre pressure for their 235/65/17s (on road)?

I’ve just bought new wheels which came with Falken Wildpeaks fitted and inflated to 46psi (from @MAT@VWT5UPGRADES).

I’ve only done a couple hundred miles at the moment, but seems okay at this pressure so far.

I've got 235/70/R16 @ 42 psi all round and noticed a much improved ride and better economy after experimenting from 35 psi in 2 psi increments. Might pump them up a couple more to see what happens. Although, whilst marginal, they do seem noisier and less comfortable with more pressure.

I’ve just put BF Goodrich 245/65r17s on my t30 T6. Can anyone recommend what pressure I should be running them at?

I've got Cooper Discoverer AT3 Sport on my T6 (245/65r17) on a lift kit. Apparently they're a decent trade-off for noise and grip. I forgot to note the PSI at delivery but I imagine 40-44 should be fine, load and ride dependent. Different tyres to the Goodrich but this page might help:

Thanks, I’ve been running at 44psi and am quite happy with that. Glad to know I’m in the right ball park!

Since I’ve had mine fitted I’ve noticed a slight rubbing noise on sharp cornering at speed, but it’s coming from the rear wheels. On stock suspension. Any ideas?

Not really, unless the echo is coming from the rear, there should be no change at the rear when cornering. I can only think of brake pads but I'm no mechanic so probably book the van in to one.

We send our Swampers out at 42psi all round. It’s then down to the individual to experiment from there what suits their vehicle.

Back