Swamper Suspension suggestions for 245/65/17

I have just bought a set of Swamper wheels, with Goodrich tyres size 245*65*17. I am considering changing the suspension, and am hoping some of you could offer some advice as to what would suit best.
I don't want to lower the van, I simply want to achieve a comfier ride.

any advice would be greatly appreciated... TIA

I have just bought a set of Swamper wheels, with Goodrich tyres size 245*65*17. I am considering changing the suspension, and am hoping some of you could offer some advice as to what would suit best.

Have a look at what @BognorMotors recommended in this similar thread:

You simply need to change the shocks to something that can cope , we have them for sure , its still our best selling item , caution buying extended length shocks as well , not the best idea

Thanks for the reply,
it appears the rear has been lowered all ready, but I find that the overall ride is very firm. Ideally I’d like it to be a lot smoother. Im Ideally looking for comfort, so that it doesn’t feel like the van is shaking to bits.

if you could recommend something and possibly give me a quote it would be appreciated.

thanks
Paul

Thanks for the reply,
it appears the rear has been lowered all ready, but I find that the overall ride is very firm. Ideally I’d like it to be a lot smoother. Im Ideally looking for comfort, so that it doesn’t feel like the van is shaking to bits.

if you could recommend something and possibly give me a quote it would be appreciated.

thanks
Paul
Paul

The shocks are £745.00 ( T28 T30 ) £795.00 (T32 )

We need to check the ride height to see if the van is sitting correctly and not too low

can you measure the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch front and back for me please ?

steve

OK that is almost standard height in the front and the rear we can lift slightly to get the vehicle level again

If i Was to come to you what would the cost be, also what suspension would you be fitting?

thanks for your time

Paul
HI Paul

at standard height ( or there about ) we would fit the " Special active KONI dampers" , these are by far the most comfortable shock available for a Transporter . They self adjust according to the road surface

Steve

Dan on here has same tyres on his with standard suspension & no rubbing

HI Paul

at standard height ( or there about ) we would fit the " Special active KONI dampers" , these are by far the most comfortable shock available for a Transporter . They self adjust according to the road surface

Steve
Hi would it be ok to contact you to discuss it, if that’s ok?

HI Paul

Steve
Steve
@CRS Performance
Looking for similar suspension mods.
Running 245/65/17 BFGs on stock T30 at the moment. Want comfort above all else as it's better than my previous transit but still a bit crashy over road imperfections.
Can you pm me a suggestion and price.
This was how she looked new before I loaded all the crap in the back. She has about 200 kgs in the back at all times and in my mind back now looks slightly lower at the rear than in this photo. Would like to revert back to this with load. PS centre to arch is 465 front, 410 rear with normal load.PXL_20220729_121405276.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
Just wondering, do they rub against the plastic lining of the front wheel wells , or did you thermo-deform these as necessary?
thx vic
They don’t rub that I am aware of. The inside of the sliding door (with table) does touch the rear tyre when open.
I bought the van with them fitted so I don’t know if the linings were reformed.
They were fitted by T5 Upgrades so you could ask them.

Last edited:
Back