Swamper Style for Non 4Motion Van?

Rob The Daddy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Everyone.

Before I risk not getting a wave from a fellow VDub when on the road, what are anyone's thoughts on a Swamper-Look for a Non 4-Motion Van? Or is it best kept for a 4-Motion?

I've a modified Jeep and so the temptation is there. ;)

Cheers All!

I don't see that it matters - how many Range Rovers have ever been off road? (I don't mean bouncing up the kerb outside the school!)

I suppose it depends what you want from your van.
If you just want the swamper looks, why not.
But if you want to actually use it as a swamper I’d have thought you’d be better off with a 4M.

Still a work in progress

05022020-Varcaturo_Rear_Left_Pose.jpg

I've fitted a lift kit since this photoand made a few more small cosmetic changes. Next step is a decent roof rack, Solar panels, maybe a RTT and some Black Rhino wheels.

The link to the thread is in my Sig Block.

Hi Everyone.

Before I risk not getting a wave from a fellow VDub when on the road, what are anyone's thoughts on a Swamper-Look for a Non 4-Motion Van? Or is it best kept for a 4-Motion?

I've a modified Jeep and so the temptation is there. ;)

Cheers All!

Just keep your front VW badge......... They will still Wave lol

I'll not be doing any overlanding in mine but the grip and extra clearance does give me a lot more confidence on tracks and across campsites. I also think it looks very cool but in this case that is a happy by product. I initially put chunky tyres on because the roads down here in Southern Italy are generally very poor. I'll never moan about pot holes when I come back to England!

Reactions: DXX
I'll not be doing any overlanding in mine but the grip and extra clearance does give me a lot more confidence on tracks and across campsites. I also think it looks very cool but in this case that is a happy by product. I initially put chunky tyres on because the roads down here in Southern Italy are generally very poor. I'll never moan about pot holes when I come back to England!
Never say Never , the bug may bite

Reactions: DXX
I’ll second that on Italian roads, looks like the aftermath of a 8.5 earthquake `in places, lowered vans beware!

Great food for thought Everyone. I found a pic on the Swiss Vans website that I quite like the look of. May go for 'Subtle Swamper' look! I'll post up the pic.

Back