Hello everyone i am new to the forum and would like some advice
I have recently bought a T6 2.0 tsi dsg done 7000 miles and its based on a T32 which was converted by Bilbo into a camper
My problem is that the suspension not only seems very harsh over the slightest of bumbs but it also seems to be a bit wallowy
I was looking at lowering the van with some eibach adjustable springs or would this make it worse
Any advice gratefully received

If you want to go back to original, I have a set of T32 suspension off a 2016 van you can have for a 6-pack. :)

Wheels and tyres also affect the ride. If its on 20s with ultra low profile tyres it will feel firm.

So I’m new to the van scene, my t6 is sitting on 20inch alloys on standard suspension. Just been browsing all the different options, b14, stance etc. stance street seem favourites at the minute. Price to results
Am I limited by the wheels on the height I can lose? Below is a side photo to show its current stance

B55ADF2C-20CE-4063-BD3F-BB71F610623F.jpeg

Hello everyone i am new to the forum and would like some advice
I have recently bought a T6 2.0 tsi dsg done 7000 miles and its based on a T32 which was converted by Bilbo into a camper
My problem is that the suspension not only seems very harsh over the slightest of bumbs but it also seems to be a bit wallowy
I was looking at lowering the van with some eibach adjustable springs or would this make it worse
Any advice gratefully received
We run a few demo vehicles and can transform the ride of your T6 in a very positive way. Give us a call and we can talk you through the available options and you can try before you buy.
Bognor Motors are relatively close to you and well regarded on the forum.

@BognorMotors
Thanks

Reactions: CAB
So I’m new to the van scene, my t6 is sitting on 20inch alloys on standard suspension. Just been browsing all the different options, b14, stance etc. stance street seem favourites at the minute. Price to results
Am I limited by the wheels on the height I can lose? Below is a side photo to show its current stance

View attachment 153999
I’m fairly new to this too! I had to replace the old suspension on my van. After speaking with Oli at Bognor Motors I went for the ST XA. The A’s (as I understand it) have damping which totally transformed the ride. It’s SOOO smooth. I’m running it on the lowest setting with a rear adjuster delete and it’s perfect! I have 20’s (8.5” fro t and 10” rear)

Stance are just cheap rubbish, good to get the lowered “stance” but you will soon regret putting them on.
I have just removed b14’s as they were to harsh and crash for my liking over rougher road surfaces, they were also set on the highest setting on the front yet still the van was 80mm lower than standard ride height, they basically can not cope with the weight of anything other than the lightest of vans.

Now running on stx coilovers which are produced by KW and the ride is so much more comfortable and no longer find myself constantly having to pick the smoothest lines in the road. Plus the springs are actually strong enough to hold the van up at a more useable height which is around 65mm down.

To me it’s a no brainer st coilovers are without a shadow of a doubt the best value for money coilover currently available for a transporter.

Steve at crs performance is the man to speak to about these, plus other options if you only want to go down around 40-50mm, or alternatively lower up to 80mm.

Stance are just cheap rubbish, good to get the lowered “stance” but you will soon regret putting them on.
I have just removed b14’s as they were to harsh and crash for my liking over rougher road surfaces, they were also set on the highest setting on the front yet still the van was 80mm lower than standard ride height, they basically can not cope with the weight of anything other than the lightest of vans.

Now running on stx coilovers which are produced by KW and the ride is so much more comfortable and no longer find myself constantly having to pick the smoothest lines in the road. Plus the springs are actually strong enough to hold the van up at a more useable height which is around 65mm down.

To me it’s a no brainer st coilovers are without a shadow of a doubt the best value for money coilover currently available for a transporter.

Steve at crs performance is the man to speak to about these, plus other options if you only want to go down around 40-50mm, or alternatively lower up to 80mm.
Thanks for post and advice

Reactions: DCC
Thanks for post and advice
No probs, it is easy to be led down the b14 path as they have been around for longer than most of the other brands of coilovers now on the market but there really are better options available nowadays.

Totally agree, the stance+ are not the right option for a daily. STX-A with rebound adjustment is defo the way forward
P.S - Van looks sweet!

View attachment 153999
Hey there. . The KW kit is excellent value for money. And the STX kit is ample. For the job. The STXA kit adds. Rebound adjustability but unless you know what that is for. It’s a waste of money in reality. 99 % of customers. Will never need to use that feature in all honesty . Give us a call and we can guide you to the best solution. After fitting out 3 to 4 of these vans every day we have become quite an authority on the suspension subject. And it’s all we do at CRS

Back