Surfers / Watersports Enthusiasts - How Do You Store Equipment In The Rear?!

Dicko24

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking for examples of how people are storing boards and equipment in the rear, and still having space for other items.

I have a Kombi for reference. Seen on another thread some people using these: Kombi Beds for Camper Vans But at £900, I'd rather make my own.

Any pictures or ideas most welcome!

Thanks!!!

Something like this ? Think it’s a juice bed with a draw thing I made( can take two people sitting on it ). Amazing how much stuff we cram in there with the seats still in.View attachment 22847
The draw is amazing! Is it on rollers?

I contacted Juice, it's still £600+ for the table/bed/shelf. Need some more inspiration about building my own...

anyone hung their surfboard from the roof inside the van? I was thinking of making a sling setup and will hopefully still give enough headroom above the kombi bench, just wondering if anyone had pictures of it done please?

anyone hung their surfboard from the roof inside the van? I was thinking of making a sling setup and will hopefully still give enough headroom above the kombi bench, just wondering if anyone had pictures of it done please?
I used the method pictured here despite having roof bars I find it a lot handier!
This is a LWB Kombi and there is still headroom above the bench seat, particularly for kids!
There’s a whole discussion here: Eyelets in ceiling for storing long items with bungees e.g. surf board

I was inspired by my first use in New Zealand in 2006 in a Mazda Bongo! Photo included for nostalgia!
There were grab handles in that particular van as it was a shuttle type model so I had to install rivnuts then stainless eye lifting bolts in the T6….

66A95A81-04A1-4891-ADD8-1EF61BB92C47.jpeg

54023E7C-4E1C-4EF5-96DB-97C288135179.jpeg

6785D87A-7A1D-4450-A6E9-AE415FE33770.jpeg

awesome thank you some good ideas there!
I used the method pictured here despite having roof bars I find it a lot handier!
This is a LWB Kombi and there is still headroom above the bench seat, particularly for kids!
There’s a whole discussion here: Eyelets in ceiling for storing long items with bungees e.g. surf board

I was inspired by my first use in New Zealand in 2006 in a Mazda Bongo! Photo included for nostalgia!
There were grab handles in that particular van as it was a shuttle type model so I had to install rivnuts then stainless eye lifting bolts in the T6….

View attachment 168676

View attachment 168677

Back