SuperMetal Cell 18" 8.5J ET50 - tyres

Adscan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I would like to fit a set of 18" SuperMetal Cell wheels to my t6 t28 Kombi and wondered if anyone can advise on a good tyre size to go for. The van will be lowered approximately 50mm or so on ST-X coilovers and would like to avoid any rubbing or fitting problems.

I am interested to hear from anyone who has fitted this wheel & suspension combination and how they have found it.

No
The above size is the VW recommended but they only do 18x8 so if your wheels are a 'normal' width/offset then you should be fine

The wheel is listed as 8.5j and an offset of et50. I assume this will be okay.

Many thanks

Sounds like pretty typical figures so yes they would be fine

The wheel is 1/2 inch wider than standard VW ones so not sure if you would need to consider going with anything up from a 255 width ?

Van looks spot on.
Can I ask what colour your wheels are and what suspension do you have fitted?
Ta

I've 255/45/18 on fuel coverts with 15mm spacers on the rear and solow suspension so its down around 100mm give or take.
No real rubbing issues however the front liner would benefit from a little heat and push back at the top of the arch liner. only presents itself on very undulating surfaces though

I've 255/45/18 on fuel coverts with 15mm spacers on the rear and solow suspension so its down around 100mm give or take.
No real rubbing issues however the front liner would benefit from a little heat and push back at the top of the arch liner. only presents itself on very undulating surfaces though
That’ll just be the top screw on the arch I reckon

That’ll just be the top screw on the arch I reckon
its just either side of it but only around 5mm so easy fix when i can get round to it. struggling with fuel tank night heater feed tube as priority!

Back