Sun Visors And Grab Handles - different colours

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all

in interested to find out please !

Are there any other color options for grab handles and sun visors and their mounting brackets ??

similar to the T6 door cards many of us change to caravelle or shuttle as they nice dark grey or black
I've seen many wonderful black headlining done for a conversion but then stick the light grey sun visors back up there !!

Many thanks in advance
Romany

Hi all

in interested to find out please !

Are there any other color options for grab handles and sun visors and their mounting brackets ??

similar to the T6 door cards many of us change to caravelle or shuttle as they nice dark grey or black
I've seen many wonderful black headlining done for a conversion but then stick the light grey sun visors back up there !!

Many thanks in advance
Romany

AFAIK, no. There are shade differences in light grey and beige.
You are able to plastic die, spray or hydro dip them but I do not believe that black is available.

Would love to be proven wrong.

AFAIK, no. There are shade differences in light grey and beige.
You are able to plastic die, spray or hydro dip them but I do not believe that black is available.

Would love to be proven wrong.
@Fish
Many thanks, this is what i thought, hummmmm

I’m currently roaring through can after can of dye from VinylDye with my factory grey plastics.. seems to hold up fairly well on rigid plastics - the spiel states they impregnate the plastic, so in theory they should work fine with the visors.

I’ll report back, if anyones’ interested.

I’m currently roaring through can after can of dye from VinylDye with my factory grey plastics.. seems to hold up fairly well on rigid plastics - the spiel states they impregnate the plastic, so in theory they should work fine with the visors.

I’ll report back, if anyones’ interested.
Hi Ya @Ads_Essex im very interested in how you get on, i need to do something as im planning black headlining and dont want beige sun visors grab handles associated brackets or mountings
Want it all to be perfect somehow

Im going to jump right in here and give it a go, visited https://www.vinyldye.co.uk/
bought some cleaner and a dark grey dye.

im going take the A pillars out my Toyota hi-ace soon as products arrive and give it a blast.

Not the greatest photos but hopefully will give you an idea. They’ve had a coat of matte clearcoat to bring the sheen down a little.

E43E9019-6F55-4B6C-863C-EB5BE3091F90.jpeg

Bit of wear on the knob (ooh er)
C78C1165-BE48-474C-ABEE-1FEDA4733483.jpeg

Ok Ok so is not the best spray job in the world i know
but its my first go

These came out my toyota hiace just as a try and practice before i have a go at the T6

They where black with black brackets and mountings, i just wanted to see if this plastic dye was any good.

What do ya think ???

Ok Ok so is not the best spray job in the world i know
but its my first go

These came out my toyota hiace just as a try and practice before i have a go at the T6

They where black with black brackets and mountings, i just wanted to see if this plastic dye was any good.

What do ya think ???

considering they were black ...id say that's a very good result

@LambethBoy
Hi Ya

Not good ya know !
I wasn't trying too match it up really it was more about trying the product out which is why i practiced on my work Toyota ! lol..

Im not really convinced with the product now, as i was re fitting the Toyota brackets that hold the sun visors i noticed i had also sprayed the under side of the brackets, so i gave it a little scrape with my finger nail... Off came the dye !!!! Shit !!!!

I was expecting from the Blurb from the web site that this stuff did just that Dye the original plastic, I din't know how, but that was what I was expecting.
Its much more of a paint than a dye, As such I'm guessing there may be better and cheaper products that will do the same thing ?? Dunno.

Its certainly not good enough to use in the T6
It certainly wont take the use or hammer needed if as I wanted to change the color of the grab handles, It's just not good enough.

The more time I spend in the T6 the more i'm starting to like the light head lining and sun visors and grab handles.
I've almost decided to leave it alone and just have a color change / divide between the cab and the living space.

I do say almost as i may look see if Amarock stuff fits ???

Or i have my black head lining and get the visors leather covered with black stitching which I've seen, paint the brackets as they wont get touched !
But i'm still stuck with poxy beige grab handles and sun glasses case !! Which i will hate on Black head lining !!!

OMG ! I'm getting on my own nerves now

Romany

@LambethBoy
Hi Ya

Not good ya know !
I wasn't trying too match it up really it was more about trying the product out which is why i practiced on my work Toyota ! lol..

Im not really convinced with the product now, as i was re fitting the Toyota brackets that hold the sun visors i noticed i had also sprayed the under side of the brackets, so i gave it a little scrape with my finger nail... Off came the dye !!!! not good !!!!

I was expecting from the Blurb from the web site that this stuff did just that Dye the original plastic, I din't know how, but that was what I was expecting.
Its much more of a paint than a dye, As such I'm guessing there may be better and cheaper products that will do the same thing ?? Dunno.

Its certainly not good enough to use in the T6
It certainly wont take the use or hammer needed if as I wanted to change the color of the grab handles, It's just not good enough.

The more time I spend in the T6 the more i'm starting to like the light head lining and sun visors and grab handles.
I've almost decided to leave it alone and just have a color change / divide between the cab and the living space.

I do say almost as i may look see if Amarock stuff fits ???

Or i have my black head lining and get the visors leather covered with black stitching which I've seen, paint the brackets as they wont get touched !
But i'm still stuck with poxy beige grab handles and sun glasses case !! Which i will hate on Black head lining !!!

OMG ! I'm getting on my own nerves now

Romany

if your referring to the A post grab handles just get the startline A post covers, they come without grab handle holes

If your referring to the flip down grab handles you can get black Passat or golf anniversary ones

Sunglasses visor you can get them
Screenshot_20181008-204846_eBay.jpg

Back