Windscreen Sun shade / sun strip?

@harveyj09 may be able to advise or help - a window tinter by trade:

Yep, thanks, spotted that earlier in my search for existing answers ... suspect that what I'm after will seem a bit rubbish to such a pro though! ;)

I originally fitted a sunstrip to my van, but with it being low on the screen, when driving I found it difficult to see traffic lights/road signs.
I removed it and went to a vehicle wrapping/window tinting place and had them make me a sunstrip out of window tint. It's the best thing ever. Keeps the sun out of your eyes, but you can still see through it.
IMG_20230812_130521_004.jpg
IMG_20230708_160246_237.jpg

I originally fitted a sunstrip to my van, but with it being low on the screen, when driving I found it difficult to see traffic lights/road signs.
I removed it and went to a vehicle wrapping/window tinting place and had them make me a sunstrip out of window tint. It's the best thing ever. Keeps the sun out of your eyes, but you can still see through it.
View attachment 218560
View attachment 218561
Helpful pics, thanks! Do you remember what %age tint it is? I think the Factory tints on my back windows are 80%. Options I found so far are 75% and 95% so I thought 75% might be best. I assume that the top pic is the same tint from the outside - if so, does is it really look that dark?! On the inside or the outside of the windscreen?

Watching with interest as im after the same, really finishes off the front

Helpful pics, thanks! Do you remember what %age tint it is? I think the Factory tints on my back windows are 80%. Options I found so far are 75% and 95% so I thought 75% might be best. I assume that the top pic is the same tint from the outside - if so, does is it really look that dark?! On the inside or the outside of the windscreen?
I think it was around 70% tint, but can't quite remember exactly. Yeah top pic is of the tint sun strip from the outside. As you can see it looks solid and like a normal sun strip. But from I side you hardly notice its there. And yeah, it's fitted on the inside

In the 2 years I've had it fitted I've not once used the sun visors. Well worth doing!

Back