Windscreen Sun shade / sun strip?

On our last vehicle T5.1 we got one of those window tinting guys to fit us a strip along the top of the windscreen but on the T6 which seems to have lots of ‘detection devices’ behind the rear view mirror we thought best not to incase it interfered.

On our last vehicle T5.1 we got one of those window tinting guys to fit us a strip along the top of the windscreen but on the T6 which seems to have lots of ‘detection devices’ behind the rear view mirror we thought best not to incase it interfered.

Good point never thought of that

I have thought about these, but surely a hole will need to be cut over the auto wipers / lights so not to obscure the sensor ?

ah.... I see your madness there....no sun in eyes = heavier right foot
No, it's black and everyone knows black vehicles are quicker. I tried a white sun strip first but was down 7mph at the speed trap. Next I tried a chequered flag configuration but the van was stuttering, unsure whether or not to go faster or slow down.

Don't know if this is properly retro but I'm thinking about putting an opaque strip across the top of my windscreen while I'm having some work done on my van

this might sound weird but I'd actually like it on the inside of the windscreen so that it's really subtle and isn't getting in the way of the wipers etc

from what I can tell as long as the strip doesn't get more than 10mm into the top of the wiper region it's legal but has anyone else done this?

Back