Sun Shade/cover

Hey All,
Just picked up my new van, posted in the team pure grey.
One question I have, been trying to use the search feature but not sure if I am searching the right thing.
While the van is parked on the drive, could be sometimes a week or so its not in use. I want to put some kind of sunshade to protect the dashboard and keep the van cooler. Now this wont necessary be a problem in winter but got in the van now and the dash and steering wheel are too hot to touch.
I see a lot of people use external ones for camping trips etc. but not sure those are suitable for while its just sitting on the driveway for unused period of time? if it rains in between worried water would go underneath and if I dont touch the van for like 2-3 weeks maybe mould would be an issue?

What do you guys do while the van is not being used? is there anything out there recommended for kind of sun shade/privacy? Any product or links to products would be highly appreciated (would like people not looking inside the van while its on the drive.)

Thanks

Avoid Fuel Lagoon! I bought a sugar skull screen which looks great. However as soon as it gets windy it flaps around to the extend it is extremely noisy and let’s in light as it blows up the door. The issue is the fabric is too fine and therefore doesn’t hold tight in the T6 door. I enquired about this with Beth at Fuel Lagoon but she showed no interest and zero customer service. There may be good screens out there but avoid Fuel Lagoon if camping in areas with anything above light winds.

Avoid fuel lagoon! I bought a sugar skull screen which looks great. However as soon as it gets windy it flaps around to the extend it is extremely noisy and let’s in light as it blows up the door. The issue is the fabric is too fine and therefore doesn’t hold tight in the T6 door. I enquired about this with Beth at Furl Lagoon but she showed no interest and zero customer service. There an May good screens out there but avoid fuel lagoon if camping in areas with anything above light winds.
Sorry you had a bad experience….I’ve had one of there’s for 3 years ( but i paid for thicker material ) never been a problem…but as times go on.. Standards drop ( look at the newer vans…penny pinching ) :)

Avoid Fuel Lagoon! I bought a sugar skull screen which looks great. However as soon as it gets windy it flaps around to the extend it is extremely noisy and let’s in light as it blows up the door. The issue is the fabric is too fine and therefore doesn’t hold tight in the T6 door. I enquired about this with Beth at Fuel Lagoon but she showed no interest and zero customer service. There may be good screens out there but avoid Fuel Lagoon if camping in areas with anything above light winds.

@cj.robertson17 We use Reimo internal thermal covers for the windscreen and driver and passenger door windows, while our van is on the drive all week. Works really well at keeping the van cool.

I keep thinking about putting my external screen cover on the van in this weather, but I’m worried that some scrote will nick it.

Thats odd, we use ours all the time with zero issues, even used it last night in the storm parked on top of an exposed hill drinking coffee and watching the lightning show, I have found it needs to be fitted in the exact order explained in the instructions, doors first, then mirrors and lastly wipers to secure bottom, ours is such a snug fit you can only openIMG_0587.jpg the front doors about 25mm before fabric becomes very taut

Hey All,
Just picked up my new van, posted in the team pure grey.
One question I have, been trying to use the search feature but not sure if I am searching the right thing.
While the van is parked on the drive, could be sometimes a week or so its not in use. I want to put some kind of sunshade to protect the dashboard and keep the van cooler. Now this wont necessary be a problem in winter but got in the van now and the dash and steering wheel are too hot to touch.
I see a lot of people use external ones for camping trips etc. but not sure those are suitable for while its just sitting on the driveway for unused period of time? if it rains in between worried water would go underneath and if I dont touch the van for like 2-3 weeks maybe mould would be an issue?

What do you guys do while the van is not being used? is there anything out there recommended for kind of sun shade/privacy? Any product or links to products would be highly appreciated (would like people not looking inside the van while its on the drive.)

Thanks
During the current heatwave i’ve been using my Pucer thermal screen cover. Wraps around windscreen and front side windows. Works well. (Bought it for thermal insulation in winter).

Back