102PS Oil leak - Sump seal leaking ??

Liggo

VIP Member
Hi All
I have noticed this appearing during a service the other day, I have not seen anyone else with this problem on line. What do you think about it. Its booked in at Listers for investigation.
To me it looks like the sump seal is weeping and maybe quiet a job.
2018 T6 30,000 miles 102
IMG_2425.jpeg

Hi All
I have noticed this appearing during a service the other day, I have not seen anyone else with this problem on line. What do you think about it. Its booked in at Listers for investigation.
To me it looks like the sump seal is weeping and maybe quiet a job.
2018 T6 30,000 miles 102
View attachment 108590
More chance it’s the crankshaft seal, seems to be a fairly common issue. Have a forum search on crankshaft seal

Iv just had the sump seal done on mine
68 plate 70k on clock
Nothing major
Not sure how common it is
I only noticed because did just done my drive and it’s now got an oil stain on it

Listers’s had the van for a couple of days. A major job to remove the gearbox & replace a least two seals. They dropped out most of the front running gear. I know this because they seem to replace all bolts with new ones.
This seems to be a common fault for the T6 2018 102. I hope it’s sorted for good now.

Listers’s had the van for a couple of days. A major job to remove the gearbox & replace a least two seals. They dropped out most of the front running gear. I know this because they seem to replace all bolts with new ones.
This seems to be a common fault for the T6 2018 102. I hope it’s sorted for good now.
Crankshaft seal?

Here is the list of parts, I hope you can see this.
All replaced under extended warranty.

Attachments

• Transporter.pdf
    535.6 KB · Views: 56
Yes it was the free end crankshaft seal as I suspected. Not sure what the gearbox was removed for as it’s the opposite end of the engine.

Yes it was the free end crankshaft seal as I suspected. Not sure what the gearbox was removed for as it’s the opposite end of the engine.
The invoice said Crankshaft seal flywheel end...

The invoice said Crankshaft seal flywheel end...
I didn’t notice the other pages on the invoice!!!
Seems that they changed the crankshaft seals at both ends then as the first part listed is the Front Seal Housing (free end).
Very ’lucky’ that it happened within warranty.

Reactions: Loz
I extended the warranty just before I had its serviced & MOT. The mechanic spotted it & I then rang listers to arrange the work. So relieved I extended it.
The job was done to my satisfaction, impressed by their work at Listers.

Back