Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Rutland water?

My mates use this place Welcome to Lyndon Top Caravan Park for paramotoring get togethers. They say the owner is really nice, and happy to have day visitors for those not camping.
Obviously you have Rutland water for the stuff they famous for, plus amazing cycling (road and mtb) for potentially a forum ride??
Stamford and Oakham within 15 mins drive, so loads to do for a weekend or longer.

Pretty central.
Totally agree with the location but, unless things have changed recently, Lyndon Top does not have any facilities other than elsan disposal and hosepipes for water.

Totally agree with the location but, unless things have changed recently, Lyndon Top does not have any facilities other than elsan disposal and hosepipes for water.

That's correct as far as I know too. My mates run off grid with their campers.
There's several other sites around Rutland water, but not sure on a potential rally/meet in mid summer?
All worth a call or email if this works as a location in general.

That's correct as far as I know too. My mates run off grid with their campers.
There's several other sites around Rutland water, but not sure on a potential rally/meet in mid summer?
All worth a call or email if this works as a location in general.
Closest site we have used to Rutland Water is Wing Hall - just down the road from Lyndon Top - nice site with excellent pub next-door. We've also stayed at the Caravan Club affiliated "Rutland Water Campsite" at Greetham a few times - it's a few miles away from the lake but in the middle of the village with 2 good pubs - they have a rally field but probably a bit too rules based for what we want??

Closest site we have used to Rutland Water is Wing Hall - just down the road from Lyndon Top - nice site with excellent pub next-door. We've also stayed at the Caravan Club affiliated "Rutland Water Campsite" at Greetham a few times - it's a few miles away from the lake but in the middle of the village with 2 good pubs - they have a rally field but probably a bit too rules based for what we want??

I've used both too, and agree Rutland caravan and camping can be a little over the top with rules. I will see if this suits others, and if so, one of us can contact the suitable site.

I can offer a location.

Flat level camping area.

Electrical supply possible, so we could manage hookups somehow.

Hot showers, toilets, full bar facilities, and we can organise hog roast or similar.

I'm Chairman at Shipston Rugby Club, and we've previosuly had a number of similar camping events previously.

Could be very cheap camping with all facilities laid on.......

Friday night and Saturday at the club followed by Sunday in our own reserved area at Eclectic. Unique. Inspirational. Art and Gas. #cultofmachine

Thoughts?

@Toad is going to pen some thoughts down for us to consider. From our chat on the phone it sounds a very kind offer.

Let us know what you all think...
If members feel there is more scope in another location please do say.

Have yet to speak to Rutland waters @Tourershine so will try tomorrow.

As a potential August 8th/9th/10th. (Yet to deconflict).

@Toad is going to pen some thoughts down for us to consider. From our chat on the phone it sounds a very kind offer.

Let us know what you all think...
If members feel there is more scope in another location please do say.

Have yet to speak to Rutland waters @Tourershine so will try tomorrow.

As a potential August 8th/9th/10th. (Yet to deconflict).

The dates don't work for me, I'm in Europe for nearly three weeks, starting that weekend, but don't let that change anything if they suit everyone else.

OK

This is the general idea.

Our base would be Shipston Rugby Club. Here we have a large hardstanding carpark, or large grass pitches that can be used for camping.

We're based between Stratford Upon Avon which is 10 miles to the north, and The Cotswolds the boundary of which is 3 miles away.

Shipston was recently promoted to the best place to live in the Midlands by the Sunday Times Best Places to Live Survey. The 10 best places to live in the Midlands have been named

The club itself is on the edge of the small town of Shipston, which has a multitude of shops, supermarkets and pubs within easy walking distance.

The closest pub is the historic thatched Black Horse which also has a tremedous Thai restaurant in it. It's within 5 minutes of the club. The Black Horse Inn, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire

At the club itself we have a large well stocked bar which would be available exclusively to the club for the weekend.

The showers and toilets will be available day and night and unlimited hot showers would be included in the fee.

The club would be available for arrivals from lunchtime on Friday.

Rough running order would be -

Friday - Arrive and get setup, bar will be open for the evening, or take a walk or drive and explore this small market town. Food may be available depending on demand.

Saturday - A day to explore the local area. Within an easy drive of the site are the Shakespeare Birthplace in Stratford, or the beautiful Cotswold villages of Chipping Campden, Moreton on Marsh, Stow on the Wold, or Bourton on the Water.

Saturday night - The bar will be open again for the exclusive use of the T6Froum group, and if there's enough demand we can put on a hog roast.

Sunday - We've been able to secure a reservation for an exclusive area at the near by petrolhead paradise of Caffiene and Machine where we can soak up the atmosphere and watch the parade of exotica which is standard for a Sunday. Eclectic. Unique. Inspirational. Art and Gas. #cultofmachine

Costs

The costs would depend on the nember of attendees

If there are 10 vans it would be £12.50 per van per night.
If there are 20 vans it would be £7.50 per van per night.
For 30 vans or above it would be £5 per van per night.

Food and beer woud be extra :)

Thoughts?

Sounds great @Toad . I'd be up for this if the date worked. Could I suggest putting up a poll with a selection of suitable dates to pick from. That way you'd get the maximum attendance possible if the date with most votes was selected and this worked for you.

@Toad sounds great - thanks for putting forward!! We really like the sound of this and, subject to dates, would definitely be interested in coming.

Update: just seen @Fish post above with 8th/9th/10th August as potential weekend - sadly we are already away for 2 weeks over that period :-(

Nice job that :thumbsup: @Toad ...... I'm guessing from a timing point of view, August is always going to peak holiday period and June or Sept are generally more open

In the closed season, personally, we can currently make any weekend starting from Friday 14th June to Friday 2nd August. Be aware that Camperjam is on 5th-7th July and a lot of people are already committed to that.

As the above is kind of geared up for the camper folk, is there provisions for those that might want to visit for the day?

August date was just one I fell onto first to start the ball rolling...sounds an awesome offer to be fair @Toad thank you.

Lets put 3 dates in the hat and start voting.. majority wins?.

Really do hope that new members can make the trip and come say Ello and have a drink.. obviously day visitors can be catered for..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back