Suitable Earth For Wheelchair Hoist

lfgward

I am in the process of fitting a wheelchair hoist into my Kombi (at the same time as soundproofing, lining etc..)
I am hoping that some of the resident electrical wizards can help me with a query regarding the best way to earth the installation.
The hoist lists a maximum draw of 22 amps. I intend to feed a supplementary fuse box in the rear quarter between the wheel arch and the rear door pillar. I will be using a 10mm2 feed from the battery to this fuse box and connecting the hoist to it.
Would it be appropriate to utilise the existing earth post in the rear quarter or should I use another cable back to the battery?

Thanks
Lawrence Ward

22A is not much so I would just use that earth post.

defo use the rear earthing post for the ground.

a ground cable run back to battery would add a massive resistance and cause you a big volt drop when the lift is operating.

defo use the rear earthing post for the ground.

a ground cable run back to battery would add a massive resistance and cause you a big volt drop when the lift is operating.
Thanks for the help. You guys really are a great source of help for us newbies.

If you Google the product you'll more likely to find the install.pdf. Forums are useful but usually manufacturer guidelines are worth following. Personal experience :)

Back