Suedeliner

Coradia63

T6 Pro
Hi All

Has anyone used Harrison trims Suedeliner? Was thinking of using on the head lining in the rear was wondering how durable it is with two young children and their sticky little fingers is it easy to clean? Wouldnt mind using it on the side panels but maybe a step to far!

Cheers

We use it occasionally on customers transporters, it is very good quality, easy to work with, and use I get th eright colour I think you will not have issues.

But I think it is to much on the side panels, and you have to be careful, as on slightly curved surfaces, i.e. Ceiling panels, and rear side panels, it can show creases,

I went for Alcantara, I have had this on the roof lining of a couple of cars from the factory and it's looks great but just a heads up it did not work well on the van. It showed a few creases and was really hard to apply (professionally not me) and imo did not look as good as the carpet lining. But that's just my opinion but I wanted to try something different! I'm sure in above posts it looks great and works well but didn't for me :)

Thanks @Absolut5 will just stick to the ceiling panels and carpet the rest now I just need to decide on the colours...
Hi @Coradia63 I’m just wondering how you got on applying the Suedeliner to the roof panel, I know it’s a few years ago now!

I’ve done the whole van in anthracite carpet and think I will go for a lighter ceiling but am undecided whether to go carpet or Suedeliner. Did you experience any problems/ creases as suggested here?

I gave Harrison trim supplies a call and they recommended the Suedeliner rather than stretch suede for the headliner as it is cheaper and only has to go round the edges of the rear roof panels- no awkward shapes so doesn’t need to stretch much….

@Absolut5 , any tips on how to avoid creases when applying the Suedeliner to the rear roof panels if I go down that route? Thanks!

Hi @Coradia63 I’m just wondering how you got on applying the Suedeliner to the roof panel, I know it’s a few years ago now!

I’ve done the whole van in anthracite carpet and think I will go for a lighter ceiling but am undecided whether to go carpet or Suedeliner. Did you experience any problems/ creases as suggested here?

I gave Harrison trim supplies a call and they recommended the Suedeliner rather than stretch suede for the headliner as it is cheaper and only has to go round the edges of the rear roof panels- no awkward shapes so doesn’t need to stretch much….

@Absolut5 , any tips on how to avoid creases when applying the Suedeliner to the rear roof panels if I go down that route? Thanks!
A lot will trim the ceiling panels on a flat surface, but when you fit them up they are quite curved And many materials will crease, we lay them down with a curve , and trim.
I suggest you sand the surface first

Trimming the side panels with alcantara / suede liner can be done well - wouldn’t recommend it for a works van that’s going to see lots of rough action, but if it’s a day van, occasional camper or if you’re using it as a big family estate car that you want to add a touch of luxury to, it can look great. Not my own work BTW, I’d like to think I could have had a half decent crack at it, but it would have taken me a month of Sundays, so I got a man in…

693C4E51-2577-46D2-ACCF-48C0DFEE6647.jpeg

A lot will trim the ceiling panels on a flat surface, but when you fit them up they are quite curved And many materials will crease, we lay them down with a curve , and trim.
I suggest you sand the surface first
@Absolut5 Thanks so much for the reply, exactly what I was thinking! I intend to lay a few batons either side of the roof panel when covering to retain the curve, maybe slightly more than the roof provides so when it is mounted it will be taut rather than sagging. I’m also going to lay a line down the centre with the contact adhesive then work out to each side just like laying a bonnet with wrap!!! (As they do in the many videos I’ve watched!). Gotta pull “glass!” I’ll upload a photo once I get it done, materials just ordered!

Trimming the side panels with alcantara / suede liner can be done well - wouldn’t recommend it for a works van that’s going to see lots of rough action, but if it’s a day van, occasional camper or if you’re using it as a big family estate car that you want to add a touch of luxury to, it can look great. Not my own work BTW, I’d like to think I could have had a half decent crack at it, but it would have taken me a month of Sundays, so I got a man in…

View attachment 164992
Beautiful! My sides are carpeted cos they take a fair amount of abuse from wood, dog, child etc etc but that is the result I’m looking for, just think the roof is the only suitable area for this material rather than carpet!

@Absolut5 Thanks so much for the reply, exactly what I was thinking! I intend to lay a few batons either side of the roof panel when covering to retain the curve, maybe slightly more than the roof provides so when it is mounted it will be taut rather than sagging. I’m also going to lay a line down the centre with the contact adhesive then work out to each side just like laying a bonnet with wrap!!! (As they do in the many videos I’ve watched!). Gotta pull “glass!” I’ll upload a photo once I get it done, materials just ordered!
As a final thought I’ve been watching a lot of videos before wrapping the wing mirrors in gloss black (obsessively and too many some other halves might say…) and I think trimming with carpet etc is very similar…. Pulling in triangles and putting as little stress on the carpet as possible, stressing the part not contacting etc really helped me avoid any wrinkles! If only you could heat and pre- stretch the carpet then heat to shrink that would be the icing on the cake….Food for thought….!!!

We used Suedeliner in all our headliners. Has to be worked as said above, and you can get it foam backed too, so perfect for all applications.

Back