Strut Top Nut - Where to buy (Part # N90954502)

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’m just about to order a set of coilovers and want to replace the top mounts at the same time.

Also, doing it this way I don’t need to take off my hand when undoing the standard strut/spring.

But, I will need to purchase a new top nut for each strut. Number 9 on the diagram.

Out of stock on VW Heritage. Any ideas where else to get them or do they come with genuine/pattern top mounts?

90230728-0C2C-44E5-846B-2B24462203D0.pngDF129E94-1B35-4194-B32E-83D4AADC3A4B.png

I wouldn’t substitute that nut for anything other than a new one of the same part number. The height of that nut is critical to ensure the suspension goes back together correctly.

TPS would have them or you might find them on eBay.

Come to think of it, I might have a couple at the Cave I could send you.

PM me your address @t6blo and I’ll get them in a Jiffy bag for you.

I wouldn’t substitute that nut for anything other than a new one of the same part number. The height of that nut is critical to ensure the suspension goes back together correctly.

TPS would have them or you might find them on eBay.

Come to think of it, I might have a couple at the Cave I could send you.

PM me your address @t6blo and I’ll get them in a Jiffy bag for you.

Thanks @ChrisR have PM’d you.
Only ones on eBay are from Latvia :(

Vw will have them. ( we throw away hundreds of these. ). A lot of the kits we sell come with new nuts.

I’m still waiting for my Koni shocks but have ordered bunch of other stuff in preparation - top mounts, drop links, ball joints and variety of nuts and bolts.

Of course VW will have OEM but I settled for Lemförder on all of above. Kit 39907 01 will have that nut among many others that are supposed to be replaced once opened.

Being BMW OEM supplier should be top quality but remains to be seen how the fit will go ;)

Reactions: mmi
I’m still waiting for my Koni shocks but have ordered bunch of other stuff in preparation - top mounts, drop links, ball joints and variety of nuts and bolts.

Of course VW will have OEM but I settled for Lemförder on all of above. Kit 39907 01 will have that nut among many others that are supposed to be replaced once opened.

Being BMW OEM supplier should be top quality but remains to be seen how the fit will go ;)
Who have you ordered the KONI shocks from ?? US ??

Who have you ordered the KONI shocks from ?? US ??
No, don’t worry, Modificars in Finland.

But I take you nip most of the manufactured shocks, seems to take literally months to get some here, even through a good dealer ;).

Would have loved to bring my T6 to you but the drive is bit too much!

No, don’t worry, Modificars in Finland.

But I take you nip most of the manufactured shocks, seems to take literally months to get some here, even through a good dealer ;).

Would have loved to bring my T6 to you but the drive is bit too much!
We have posted all over the world. But if you can get them there. That would be better. , price , support after sales etc.

I’m just about to order a set of coilovers and want to replace the top mounts at the same time.

Also, doing it this way I don’t need to take off my hand when undoing the standard strut/spring.

But, I will need to purchase a new top nut for each strut. Number 9 on the diagram.

Out of stock on VW Heritage. Any ideas where else to get them or do they come with genuine/pattern top mounts?
Evening all, as an addition to the above, any ideas where i can get the nut numbered 11, in the suspension diagram

Evening all, as an addition to the above, any ideas where i can get the nut numbered 11, in the suspension diagram

These are them @cy294. Part number is N10240304

Afternoon everyone.

Re: the above hex nuts, does anyone know if I can just loosen the existing ones and then screw on the new ones, whilst the van is kept firmly on the ground.

Thanks all.

Back