Stopping Alarm Working While Sleeping In Van

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security' started by Briston, 4 Nov 2018.

1. Briston

Briston Member T6 Pro

Map
    Hi all, is there a way of stopping the alarm going off when I am sleeping in my combi. I know there is a switch on the b pillar that I believe is meant to stop it but as soon as I move it triggers??
    Any pointers as to where i am going wrong??

2. drew_greenday

drew_greenday Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Open your drivers door, press the switch, close the door then lock. Or a better option is to manually push the buttons down from inside the van, that way you're not putting any alarm on at all.

Shredder likes this.
  3. Briston

Briston Member T6 Pro

Map
    Thanks
    I will give that a go

4. Dilbert

Dilbert Just travelling... VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Or just use the manual door lock switch on the top of the drivers door. This locks the doors but does not set the interior monitoring alarm.

DXX and Fish like this.
  5. Nigel W

Nigel W Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Yup this is what we do, just remember that to open the sliding door from inside you need to do a double pull on the handle.

6. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    Agree with @Dilbert Only ever use the lock button on the drivers door.

Salty Spuds likes this.
  7. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I set the perimeter alarm when in the middle of nowhere but just use the internal button if I'm on a campsite.

8. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

We don’t bother locking the doors when in the van on well occupied UK campsites - thinking being that we have camped in tents for years with nothing but zips and canvas between us and anyone wanting to get at us without problem and/or hearing of someone else having problems on sites. Obviously, if wild camping or on sites with few other people around we might think a bit differently.

James1000 likes this.
  9. Salty Spuds

Salty Spuds Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Could do with a second button in the rear to save climbing over the seats when they’re swivelled.

DXX and Dale like this.
  10. andys

Pretty sure I remember somebody doing this about a year ago a d posting a thread about it.

11. andys

12. Briston

Briston Member T6 Pro

Map
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

13. paul_law

paul_law New Member

Map
    I think by trial and error, we discovered that pushing the lock button TWICE on the key fob seems to lock the van but disable the alarm.

But like others, we don't lock it on a campsite - only when wild.

14. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    You can risk locking yourself out with this method. we use the lock/unlock button on the inside of the driver's door when sleeping.

15. Dellmassive

Dellmassive 204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18 VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    A second remote "lock press" also disables the DEAD LOCKING.

16. paul_law

paul_law New Member

Map
    So what does this mean? Everything's still locked but dead locks aren't active? How secure is it without the dead locks?

17. Salty Spuds

If the van is deadlocked or “safelock” active. You can’t open the doors from the inside even with the handles. A second press of the remote disables the deadlocking so the doors are locked but you can open the van from the inside.

18. paul_law

paul_law New Member

Map
    So am I missing something here then? Is a double key fob press to lock when inside not a good thing? Then the deadlocks are disabled and you can still open the doors from inside the van?

19. mmi

mmi Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I think the slight inconvenience with "double-clicking" is that the alarm sets off then when a door is opened :eek:. However, the interior monitoring is disabled. Have a look here ---> Vcds For Begineer

paul_law likes this.
  20. Dilbert

Dilbert Just travelling... VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    That is why I find it easier (as stated above) to use the manual door lock switch on the top of the drivers door. This locks the doors but does not set the interior monitoring alarm. You don't get the noisy double locking and you can still open from the inside without an alarm going off.

You just need to pull the sliding door handle twice to get out and can push the knob back down again when you get back in.

21. DXX

DXX Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Push the door button.......or sleep in a tent.

Hah! likes this.
  22. Salty Spuds

Switching an inside light on would also set off the alarm as would opening a door, even when double pressed. Just use the interior door switch as already said.

Tags: