Stoplock Steering Wheel Lock

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
Has anyone purchased one of these for the standard Highline MFSW leather steering wheel ??

Was the correct fit achieved with either the Pro or the Pro Elite model ??

Has use of the device ended up marking/scratching the steering wheel in any way??

TIA

I bought this model for my trendline and it fits fine however the trendline doesn't have the leather trim so can't say if it will mark or not....

I have a Stoplock Pro I use on my Land Rover - just been out and tried it on my Highline MFSW and it fits fine. It goes on easily so no reason why it would mark the leather.

As regards Disklok, the most recent Auto Express review puts the Stoplock Pro above it this year (after years of having it the other way round), primarily for ease of use, etc..

Best steering wheel locks 2018

My Stoplock fits fine, no marking the leather wheel.

I bought the Stoplock last year as it came out best in test for time to break open and cost. (can't remember the Mag)

Thanks @Berto84 which model do you use ... the Pro or Pro Elite ?

Thanks @BiTurbo do you use the Disklok yourself ? You're right, I have been struggling with the decision between the two. I have read many reviews where even the Disklok steering wheel protector does not stop the damage it does to the wheel

@Davenjo ... yes, I read that review. That's what started me down this route as well. Appreciate you letting me know the Pro fits properly and as it should. Do you think it's the weight over time on the wheel that could cause damage/marks with the way these devices sit ??

Cheers @MEZ50 which Stoplock have you got ... the Pro or the Pro Elite ??

@Davenjo ... yes, I read that review. That's what started me down this route as well. Appreciate you letting me know the Pro fits properly and as it should. Do you think it's the weight over time on the wheel that could cause damage/marks with the way these devices sit ??
I don't think so; I started using mine when I bought my LR new nearly 4 years ago and it has been in religious use ever since, i.e. always used wherever and whenever the vehicle is parked up, even if its just for a couple of minutes. There is no evidence of damage/marking on the steering wheel and/or leather caused by the lock (can't say the same for the lock where it just gets slung in the back as I take it off!). The fit on the T6 MSFW is a lot easier so I think the potential for damage is even less, though if you carelessly slam it around anywhere, the weight of it could do some serious damage!!

Picture of mine in situ on my Defender's steering wheel so you can see for yourself:-
IMG_3697.jpg

@Davenjo that is very helpful info and graphic thanks. It's looking like a Stoplock Pro for me :thumbsup: Looks like the Pro Elite could've been a mistake and not fit correctly

@MEZ50 assume you mean you have this steering wheel???.. but 'with a long stem' of course :laugh: :

IMG_2376-large2.jpg IMG_2394-large.jpg

We used to have a disk lock years ago. Be damned if I know whatever happened to it. Might have to go and have a look in the loft.

Just a quick heads up, thought it may help someone, please delete if not appropriate.

Car Parts 4 Less are selling the StopLock Pro for £36.00 including free delivery.
I’ve just ordered one, came first in AutoExpress test.

Cheers

Steven

That's a good price.

Thanks for the link...

=]

Currently available at Eurocarparts for £36.17 using discount code EARLY. Bought one yesterday, quick and easy to fit on the High line steering wheel.

Hey everyone .wanting to buy a stoplock but not sure what fits my wheel or if they both do . I have the standerd plastic wheel but do have a leather cover on it for some grip and comfort . Eny info will be great thanks

Back