Stop thief

SC23 works but it's a bit severe as it powers off the Instrument console and the clock resets...
back to the diagram..
Okay, looking at the fuse layout again I pulled 22 not 23. 22 is the dash instruments.
So going to test 23 again in the morning as this is the feed to the start inhibit relay as per this drawing.
8454F3A3-D196-4ACB-8D9E-61755D5F9AF8.jpeg

I should have checked the fuse layout as SC23 is the bottom fuse middle row and I mis-counted and pulled the top fuse of the first row Doh!
DFE146FB-4B5B-4C52-97CB-8C3B2D11D5F4.jpeg

Its the 30a middle bottom in this photo and 38/39 are just to the right.
CB420C8D-C28C-4E71-9DCF-018EDA90B347.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: SC23 works a treat, no starter. It does log a low priority fault in the ecu if yiu try to start it (starter relay open circuit) but that doesnt cause any issue.

Just needs a discreetly mounted switch (30A) and an inline fuse.. if parking up for a time this can simply be removed, putting it back in is a little bit fiddly but easy with a bit of practice.

***Make sure you have a spare 30A Fuse before attempting this as it's easy to drop the fuse and lose it..
IMG_4370a.png

Last edited:
Our converters added a hidden button which has to be pressed at the same time as the key is turned, or the wagon won't start.

Many thanks Loz. That’s great to know for future reference. I’m a biker too so always paranoid about security.

Back