Stop thief

Chris J

T6 Pro
Does anyone know if theres a fuse you can pull to prevent your van from starting , I had some scroats eyeing my van over the weekend and I've ordered a Disklok from Halfords , it should have been ready to collect today but due to the country grinding to a halt as soon as the weather gets a bit cold it wasnt so just wanted a bit of extra security till it arrives

Theres a fuse in the engine bay fusebox that kills critical systems, i think its fuse 5 but @Loz will be able to confirm as hes the one that tried it

Turning ignition on with it out will log multiple fault codes though !

Found a better one in the cabin fuse box... need to look it up again

SC23 fuse supply to starter relay
Hi @Loz , I’m no expert at auto electrics, would it be possible to put a fuse piggyback on this fuse linked up to a spare switch in one of the blanks I had (say where the heated seats I haven’t got should be) would this work as an immobiliser switch?
Just thinking of a simple system and install method....

The problem with doing things like this is if you try to start the vehicle with a particular system powered down the dash will light up like a Christmas tree and log multiple error codes, not so much of a prob if you have carista or VCDS but think it would take some explaining to your local dealer if you had problems

Unfortunately no matter what we do, if they want them bad enough, they will take them somehow!

SC23 works but it's a bit severe as it powers off the Instrument console and the clock resets...
back to the diagram..

I was looking at this last night, D is the ignition switch so wondered if SC39 would stop the van keying on ?

ignition.PNG

Yes that was going to be my next test, that drawing looks incorrect to me as well the feeds from sc38 and 39 are joined in the switch but they can't be.. also sc38 should be the starter feed crossing the switch in position 4 (counting right to left) 1 being key in, 2 aux, 3 ignition, 4 cranking..

How about the fuel pump fuse?

Once did this on my MkII GTI. Double pole double throw switch mounted under the gear lever gaitor. Killed the fuel pump and at same time switched on a flashing red LED mounted in a switch blank. Could locate and activate the switch just by touching the gaitor in the right place.

Last edited:
How about the fuel pump fuse?

Once did this on my MkII GTI. Double pole double throw switch mounted under the gear lever gaitor. Killed the fuel pump and at same time switched on a flashing red LED mounted in a switch blank. Could locate and activate the switch just by touching the gaitor in the right place.
unfortunately there are 2 pumps, the lift pump with the fuse and the high pressure pump mechanically driven, I would not like the consequences of one running without the other..

That's a fair point @Loz. The K-jetronic set up in my old Golf was considerably less sophisticated than an EU6 system.

EU6 won't start without Adblue. Is there perhaps a fuse that if intercepted would fool the ECU into thinking it's empty? Given that it should restart when Adblue is topped up, that might be an option that doesn't need VCDS to reset fault lights on instrument panel. Just a thought.

Back