Stop/Start restarts the aftermarket head unit

Paddy00000

Hi,
I wonder if anyone might be able to give me some advice here. I recently bought a T6, I had the headunit changed to a Pioneer because I wanted SatNav, I'm finding that when I'm pulling up at lights and the engine stops that the headunit also switches itself off only to restart when I take my foot off the brake. Now, I'm no expert but I would have thought that the use of Stop/Start should not be restarting the head unit. Just to say, the head unit doesn't switch off immediately, probably takes about 5 seconds, which makes me think there must be some sort of timeout set, there is nothing obvious I can change in the settings so I'm wondering if this is just a case of incorrect wiring? Any suggestions other than turn off Stop/Start? Thanks.

post some pics of the radio/navi.

the van would have a CAN bus adapter fitted to the back of the radio . . . can you get a pic of that?

and the wiring loom adapter?

Thanks Dellmassive, I think I'm just going to let the guys at Hillside sort it out when they reopen. It's still so new that I'm sure they will fix it under warrantly. I just really wanted to know if there was a chance that I was missing a setting somewhere on the Head units software. I can live with it until things open up again. Thanks for the response though. I've been reading some of your "how I done it" thread, very helpful. Thanks. Paddy.

Back