Stonewall Leisure (stockton-on-tees)

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
I've just collected my van from stonewall leisure who carried out the conversion for me and absolutely blown away by the end result.

I had the roof fitted first by Austops (and would also recommend them) then set about trying to find a conversion company that would offer a bespoke service and try some of the ideas I'd seen on the forum (roof lining being one) unfortunately not many were keen to go outside of their tried and tested offerings but Chris, the owner of stonewall couldn't have been more helpful in working with me to achieve them even if it was not something they had done before. Nothing was too much trouble and their attention to detail is second to none.

They're a relatively new company but the owner is extremely knowledgeable and from my experience will bend over backwards to help you achieve your dream vehicle, sadly a customer service trait that is lacking in many companies now.

If you're in the area and in the market for a conversion give them a shout, I would recommend 100%

www.stonewallleisure.com

IMG-20191128-WA0013.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0003.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0029.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0028.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0027.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0024.jpg

Very nice matey.
loving the sliding tray, what's the intension for that? general luggage..?

Very nice matey.
loving the sliding tray, what's the intension for that? general luggage..?

At the moment it's got euro boxes in it for storage, its rated to over 200kg and is a real sturdy bit of kit.

It's their own fabrication and attaches to the floor rails so can come out when not required along with the multiflex.

Today I visited Chris at Stonewall Leisure to discuss my conversion requirements. I spent over 2hrs with him bouncing ideas off each other. Hopefully this will result in the finished conversion I am looking to achieve. I will update as and when I receive quotes and make a decision on the way forward.

Hello @Kwp0906,did they fit the floor rails or did you already have them? Thanks

Yes they fitted the rails.

I got the roof fitted by the austops factory then everything else on the van was sourced and fitted by stonewall. I discussed various rail options with them beforehand and settled for the genuine vw rails and rear seat.

Sorry I dont know how much it would be to just have them fitted on their own.

I did find that some other companies that fit the genuine vw rails will use second hand tops (the silver bit you can see) although cheaper they will be scratched and look rubbish close up, that's not the case with stonewall it's all new and spotless.

Looks good bud, nice to see someone else thinking outside the box over the typical 3/4 bed and cabinets. IMHO full width is a far better use of the space for how often most people go away for. Are you planning a pod or some sort of camping storage? Would love to hear your ideas as i'm well on the way to doing my full width conversion with a Rib bed and Westdubs scenic roof. Pod is next on the list for me!

Looks good bud, nice to see someone else thinking outside the box over the typical 3/4 bed and cabinets. IMHO full width is a far better use of the space for how often most people go away for. Are you planning a pod or some sort of camping storage? Would love to hear your ideas as i'm well on the way to doing my full width conversion with a Rib bed and Westdubs scenic roof. Pod is next on the list for me!

At the moment the rear tray has euro boxes in it for storage, it was fabricated by the conversion company and after chatting to them about the possibility of adding some sort of camping pod at a later date I believe a removable hob/sink/storage unit that will fit the tray is currently being developed. I'm yet to spend any time away in it though so still not sure whether I'd prefer to keep the storage or have hob and sink facilities.... time will tell.

At the moment it's got euro boxes in it for storage, its rated to over 200kg and is a real sturdy bit of kit.

It's their own fabrication and attaches to the floor rails so can come out when not required along with the multiflex.
Will that fit with an OEM multi flex board? Cheers.

Latest addition to the van, reimo multirail.
Stonewall managed to fit me in at short notice and as with the conversion the service was excellent. They even noticed and then sorted out a small dent in the side panel caused by the recent storms and a car door.

IMG-20200303-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200303-WA0000.jpg

Today I visited Chris at Stonewall Leisure to discuss my conversion requirements. I spent over 2hrs with him bouncing ideas off each other. Hopefully this will result in the finished conversion I am looking to achieve. I will update as and when I receive quotes and make a decision on the way forward.

Just reading back through the posts, if you're still deciding on the best way forward and want to have a look at mine you're more than welcome.

Chris never bothered to contact me again after my discussions with him. I guess he didn't want th

Chris never bothered to contact me again after my discussions with him. I guess he didn't want th
Hi Peter, this post has just been brought to my attention.
I emailed across the estimate around mid Januray time. It was a bit delayed due to Christmas / New Year, I apologise for not following up on the estimate after I had sent it over. I'd made the assumption that it wasn't suitable for you or that another converter was able to offer something more fitting to your requirements. I'm guessing this was not the case though.
I do pride myself on giving the best possible service to all customers (or potential), whether it's a full bespoke conversion or a small upgrade. I'm sorry that something has gone a miss somewhere along the line and it has fallen short of that standard.
If you are still requiring any assistance please get in touch.
Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the response. I did not receive the estimate in my E Mail Inbox. The last E Mail I received from you stated that you were waiting for your pop top supplier comments on some question you asked.
With not receiving any further feedback I decided to look elsewhere. I enjoyed meeting you and discussing our ideas and wish you all the luck in gaining a foothold in the conversion industry. I do have some other modifications in mind which I am sure you can help me with. I will be in touch in a couple of weeks time if that is OK with you.

Regards,

Peter.

IMG_1024.JPG IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1033.JPG IMG_0424.jpg We have just had some work carried out by Chris at Stonewall. He fitted a Caravelle floor and rails and could have supplied us with the rear seat/bed if we hadn't already bought one. He also fitted an altro floor to match the one we had on the Kombi floor that he was changing and Caravelle steps front and rear. We also required something to accomodate our large dog cage and Chris manufactured a sturdy slide out tray that is fixed into the Caravelle rails at the back. It is fully removable if needs be and he also reduced the size slightly of our existing dog cage to fit the tray. He was very polite and professional throughout and we would not hesitate to recommend him. Anyone thinking of having any work done,give him a try. We wish him all the best and hope Stonewall is a big success

Back