1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Loz, 28 Oct 2016.

1. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
  2. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Blimey I thought your Cali had been nicked for a second!!

Shared publicly just in case it heads down this way.

3. Jay

Jay Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    Shared this earlier. Quite worrying. About 5 miles from me...

Hope they catch the scumbags..

4. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Just down the A5 from me - will keep a look out but suspect its long gone/well hidden by now! Hope they catch the scum bags and the van/belongings get returned.

5. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    That's not good I too will share!

6. T6Chris

T6Chris Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Shared. Hope they get it back, it would be great if they catch the lowlifes that stole it as well!

7. Roca

Roca Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I'm not on faceplant so can't share but I really hope their van gets returned and karma bites the lowlifes in the arse, on another note this post got me thinking something that happened to me the other night.

Came back to my van at the furthest part of the supermarket car park so no one would park near me and a car was parked in front of me with the lights on boot open and not one person around, got the kids in and drove around the back of the car it had bags of shopping in the boot no one insight decided at the time it seemed a bit weird so drove to the front of the supermarket and told the security on after thought was someone trying to jack my van!

8. Buggirl

Map
    It's scary just how many VWs, including classics are getting stolen! Trouble is everyone knows how expensive they are now. Years ago a VW was less desirable than say a merc or something, but now it appears everyone wants a VEE dub but don't want to pay for it!

9. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I know what you mean. Its the one thing that has detracted from the enjoyment of my Defender over the last couple of years - with the high level of the thefts of parts and complete cars, increasing since they went out of production, I am paranoid about where I park it and, even with all of the security I've applied to it, I often get up in the night to check everything is OK.

I don't think that VW thefts are at the same level as Defenders yet and am hoping I don't have to worry about the T6 quite so much - I'm making a conscious effort to try and not worry about it quite so much which includes relying on the security applied (factory fit and extra steps I've taken) a bit more without resorting to fitting pedal locks, steering wheel locks, etc..

We can protect them with immobilisers, trackers, parts marking, etc.. but, ultimately, if some scum bag decides they want it without paying for it they'll probably get it.

10. Frosty

Frosty Member VIP Member

Map
    I always park my work van front of the Kombi, down the drive. They would have to move that to get to my pride and joy first.

BiTurbo likes this.
  11. mopardave

mopardave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    that's why I'm thinking of going back to some old school security.......like a disc lock. Maybe I should stop thinking and start doing! B*stards!

12. Daza2001

Daza2001 Member

Map
    Shocking news is that, has there been any developments? Incidentally, how secure are the T6's? Would anyone suggest a tracker or the like and if so does anyone have any suggestions as to the best ones?

13. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
    I think they are secure as long as you secure your keys in the house.

back2you tracker ;)

Daza2001 and T6Chris like this.
  14. chriscroft

chriscroft 12 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Wonder if you use a disc lock if the keys for the disk would be best hidden in the van in a secret place; then if they get your van keys, that will still not be enough

15. Buggirl

Map
    Trackers are ace! Not very expensive now
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151857296994

Daza2001 likes this.
  16. Buggirl

Map
    I have one and sticker in windscreen to prove it!