Still Got Bulb Out Warning ⚠️

Mavis628

T6 Pro
had conversation with Elliot at travelin-lite about the new head lights setting of the bulb out warning light on the dash when the headlights are on, he sent me a new wiring loom which we fitted today, Before a change of loom the warming light came on after 2 minutes, with the new loom it came on after 10 minutes, I’m getting rather annoyed with this!

£700 for headlights and bulbs and they are not doing as they say on the tin!

Anyone help ?

Got any pics or more detailed info?

Got any pics or more detailed info?
Sorry not tech gifted other than info I have stated in post, no one else using these headlights and bulbs have had any issues with bulb out on dash. I don’t even no what bulbs they are only that they came with the headlights from traveling-lite and cost a fair bit on top of the headlight cost think there Philips.

What headlight units?
What bulbs?
What loom?
What have you fitted?
What did you have before?
What has been changed?

Bulb monitoring is carried out via the BCM.

What headlight units?
What bulbs?
What loom?
What have you fitted?
What did you have before?
What has been changed?

Bulb monitoring is carried out via the BCM.

All I no is bought these from traveling-lite, my van was a startline so original headlights non led, all fitting equipment came with the kit or looms ect, I have no idea what BCM is thought that was a night club in magaluf

LOl,

ok well give us a link for the bits you bought from the website then?

Right ok, Looks like they are modified units . . .

Not sure how the load level motors are adjusted. . . probably via the dial on the dash.

They have been fitted with LED bulbs so they will probably have ballast resistors on the bulb power lines to fool the BCM and bulb check.

I've not seen these fitted yet, and dont know anyone with them . . . . . . so lets see if anyone else pops up with any comments.?

Sounds like the BCM (ECU) in the van is detecting a bulb fault even though you have that LED kit fitted (ballast resistors?) . . . . . It might be something you have to ask the seller about.

Maybe the new loom has different value ballast resistors? . . . . have you got a detailed pic of the loom at all?

I did notice a comment from some generic information about fitting aftermarket LED bulbs in standard headlight units

This listing is for a set of LED bulbs + a pair of canbus free error resistors only

Canbus systems can be temperamental with upgraded LED bulbs even when fitted with resistors, there is no 100% guarantee they will work on all vehicles

Load resistors get very hot, just like bulbs. So please make sure when mounting you do not mount on body/paint work.

and

Please note: The philips led bulbs are for off road use only however they will pass an mot because they go through the projector lens and create a perfect beam pattern.

9A92630A-7B1C-4DE4-86CD-4B057459840D.jpeg 6D958DD5-ACB8-4AF4-9538-227944373D9B.jpeg 40C66531-6658-4278-BEF3-FB83A689555E.jpeg 11F19846-1297-4A35-91F5-B11CFB8C3EF6.jpeg
Right ok, Looks like they are modified units . . .

Not sure how the load level motors are adjusted. . . probably via the dial on the dash.

They have been fitted with LED bulbs so they will probably have ballast resistors on the bulb power lines to fool the BCM and bulb check.

I've not seen these fitted yet, and dont know anyone with them . . . . . . so lets see if anyone else pops up with any comments.?

Sounds like the BCM (ECU) in the van is detecting a bulb fault even though you have that LED kit fitted (ballast resistors?) . . . . . It might be something you have to ask the seller about.

Maybe the new loom has different value ballast resistors? . . . . have you got a detailed pic of the loom at all?

I did notice a comment from some generic information about fitting aftermarket LED bulbs in standard headlight units

This listing is for a set of LED bulbs + a pair of canbus free error resistors only

Canbus systems can be temperamental with upgraded LED bulbs even when fitted with resistors, there is no 100% guarantee they will work on all vehicles

Load resistors get very hot, just like bulbs. So please make sure when mounting you do not mount on body/paint work.

and

Please note: The philips led bulbs are for off road use only however they will pass an mot because they go through the projector lens and create a perfect beam pattern.
Thanks for your help I think the Scottish guy has same head lights he has the Scottish glad as his profile pic, here are a couple of pics I took quickly as it was raining, I will speak to Elliot again he has already sent me a new look which I have had fitted, I took the error light on dash 10 mins to come on rather than 2/3 minutes for some reason

Back