Sticking rear brakes

a|3x

Thought my hand brake was sticking and sprayed some WD40 over the rear springs (behind brake callipers) was better but still get a hot burning smell from them quite often as if brake is permanently on.. yet to take a look but wondered if anyone else has suffered the same and knew the resolve?

The auto adjuster can ratchet up if you mess with the handbrake whilst holding the foot break on.

The auto adjuster can ratchet up if you mess with the handbrake whilst holding the foot break on.
Thanks, this does sound a likely contender. I’m guessing using a chock block to stop the van from moving whilst releasing the tension on the hand brake should sort that? Since this has been done a few times since noticing (removing cab rubber mat) I’m was thinking this might be a seized caliper.

Thanks, this does sound a likely contender. I’m guessing using a chock block to stop the van from moving whilst releasing the tension on the hand brake should sort that? Since this has been done a few times since noticing (removing cab rubber mat) I’m was thinking this might be a seized caliper.
You really need to remove the calliper and wind the piston back in a few turns. see; https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how-to-changing-rear-disks-rotors-and-pads.12709/post-179670

Back