Le Mans

Van looks great. I am going down on Thursday morning, will be in my TVR Sagaris (black, decat, limited silencing.....) and usually tip up at the PH event on Friday for the Great British Welcome. Been going for years, you will love it (we camp at Maison Blanche). The T6 may make the trip if I can persuade my brother to drive the support bus!!

Looks good. Not been for about 15 years... Used to go proper tooled up. Generator, kegs, beer chiller, fridges etc... Stayed at end of Mulsanne Straight. LeMan village fun fair was mega. Not like UK ones (that aren't fun and aren't fair). Lasting memories of Mike Brewer there suffering a chant of "You're not Jeremy", and the pole dance club in the back of the artic...

Didn't know there was PH synergy on here. I'll put my smiley on the back of the T6 now. :thumbsup:

I think it's a lot calmer these days, 'mad Friday' is more like 'slightly excitable Friday' these days from what I've read, gendarmes everywhere clamping down on any sign of over exuberance.

Van looks great. I am going down on Thursday morning, will be in my TVR Sagaris (black, decat, limited silencing.....) and usually tip up at the PH event on Friday for the Great British Welcome. Been going for years, you will love it (we camp at Maison Blanche). The T6 may make the trip if I can persuade my brother to drive the support bus!!

I'll watch out for the Sag, we're going to the GBW on Friday too.

I've stuck two more stickers on the side windows to increase my 0-60 :cool:

eapdf8.jpg

It's my first time, the guys I'm going with make a yearly pilgrimage there which is handy for a bit of local knowledge.
Did Le Mans for the first time too this year, absolutely loved it! Just booked with 1st Tickets for next year...can't wait. Going to look into decals for my Kombi

Did Le Mans for the first time too this year, absolutely loved it! Just booked with 1st Tickets for next year...can't wait. Going to look into decals for my Kombi

We're just about to book for next year, 4 days away from the wife and kids, unlimited beers and motorsport... what's not to like :cool:

Anyone going/gone over this year. Just been watching the night practice session on Eurosport and missing it already.

Pete

Not making it this year - maybe next...
Have stayed at Porsche Curves many times - it's a good spot :)

Evening folks,
Anyone going / been?
Newby to the 24hr and looking for guidance.
I'll be taking the van and so will need camping.
All comments appreciated.
Cheers.

I’ve been 8 times I think, always camped off circuit, but never taken the van.
We are hoping to go in 2022 (we had tickets for 2020).
Are you thinking of staying on circuit or off circuit ?

Pete

I’ve been 8 times I think, always camped off circuit, but never taken the van.
We are hoping to go in 2022 (we had tickets for 2020).
Are you thinking of staying on circuit or off circuit ?

Pete
Haven't a clue Pete, this is where I need advice. Just found all the other threads so I'll have a read now.
What's your advice?

I’ve done it 3 times, 3 very different ways. 1st tent in Blue Nord, it’s literally opposite the entrance by the Ferris wheel, good but quite open and abit loud at times (Dutch love there happy hardcore!), showers and toilets were adequate (no hook up available). 2nd was glancing at Porsche Curves, absolutely amazing experience but pricey, great place to watch, but it’s a lot further to main village than you anticipate. 3rd was a stag do, first time inside circuit, that was probably best experience but watched very little of race. Highlights for me, First evening qualifying, tired from drive down from NW England, stands are quiet so get above the pit Lane and experience the cars and the main straight, Friday parade and subsequent fun in LeMans then tram back to the circuit, absolutely brilliant! Last time we managed to stay up all night and got to the inside of Porsche Curves for sun rise clutching a box of red wine and napping on the banking, if you can manage it, do it, then get head down for a couple of hours then back to track for the last few hours. Drive home isn’t much fun, be careful of hidden speed cameras and the french police trying to relieve you of your euro’s.
Having said all the above, I’m waiting for 2023 for the new regs before I return, plan on doing the Nurburgring 24 hours instead next year, that looks epic too.

Haven't a clue Pete, this is where I need advice. Just found all the other threads so I'll have a read now.
What's your advice?
Just coming back to this, there are so many options and opinions !
Are you travelling alone ?

Pete

I've gone to LM for the last 25 years, with just a couple of years missed for different reasons.
If you are thinking of going in 2022, my first advice would be to book your tunnel/ferry. Many of the favoured choices are already booked out.
After that, you need to decide where you want to camp/stay, and get it booked. The official ACO campsite booking isn't open yet, but off site options are.
PM me if you want more info.

Hi all,

Anyone from the forum off to 24hrs of Le Mans?
I'm camping on-site in Houx field.

Cheers
Matt

Back