Stickered Up For Le Mans

Discussion in 'Exterior Styling, Bodywork & Detailing' started by Insert Coin, 6 Jun 2019.

1. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Anybody else making the trip over to Le Mans next week?

I thought I 'd join in with tradition and get the van stickered up ready :cool:

kbqgdj.png
    [​IMG]

2. Dellmassive

Dellmassive 204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18 VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    unfortunately not . . . . . The Bus looks great BTW.

where did you get the stickers from?

you camping out over there?

Insert Coin likes this.
  3. Teesix

Teesix Senior Member T6 Guru

stickeredup4lemans.com

I love Le Mans. I've been around a dozen times but this year, sadly, I'm not able to make it. If you're a petrolhead this is the race for you. It's just brilliant.

Enjoy La Sarthe!

Insert Coin likes this.
  4. Insert Coin

Map
    There's website that produces official Le Mans stickers every year, Le Mans stickers, decals and race graphics. ACO, Radiolemans, Gulf

I have a friend who does wraps and tints etc so he put them on for me, I wouldn't get them straight or central. I'm gonna keep the stripes (stole the idea from a guy who has the same stripes), peel off the stickers when I get back.

We are staying at Porsche Curves, it's a private campsite with security, showers, food and beverage etc. The lads are staying in a big tent and I'll be kipping in the van.

Just hoping for dry weather so we can sit out with a few tins and get the barbie on :cool:

5. Insert Coin

Map
    It's my first time, the guys I'm going with make a yearly pilgrimage there which is handy for a bit of local knowledge.

Teesix likes this.
  6. Teesix

Teesix Senior Member T6 Guru

1st time? You're going to love it!

I like having a wander about the car parks. They're rammed full of British folk with some of the most amazing cars. They call it the English race and you'll see why when you get there.

Be careful driving down there. The police make a LOT of money from speeding fines.

Insert Coin likes this.
  7. Insert Coin

Map
    Yeah, I know loads that have been, just not been able to go myself previously due to being so busy at work.

We're doing the Great British Welcome on Friday morning, should be a good chance to spot a few nice bits of metal and grab a beer and a bacon sandwich.

Don't worry, I'll be sticking to the limits, if I wanted to race down there I'd take my V8 Mustang, but it's not as comfy to sleep in and makes a terrible load carrier :laugh:

Teesix likes this.
  8. JonB

JonB Member VIP Member T6 Pro

I wish I was going out there this year :(
    Went in 2017 and we absolutely loved it.

Insert Coin likes this.
  9. Pete C

Pete C T30 102bhp converted to camper VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Going this year in my stickered up Audi TT, not the T6.

Can’t wait.

Pete

Insert Coin likes this.
  10. Insert Coin

Map
    I'll keep an eye out dude :cool:

11. catfood12

catfood12 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Looks good. Not been for about 15 years... Used to go proper tooled up. Generator, kegs, beer chiller, fridges etc... Stayed at end of Mulsanne Straight. LeMan village fun fair was mega. Not like UK ones (that aren't fun and aren't fair). Lasting memories of Mike Brewer there suffering a chant of "You're not Jeremy", and the pole dance club in the back of the artic...

Didn't know there was PH synergy on here. I'll put my smiley on the back of the T6 now. :thumbsup:

Insert Coin likes this.
  12. Dowks

Dowks New Member VIP Member

Van looks great. I am going down on Thursday morning, will be in my TVR Sagaris (black, decat, limited silencing.....) and usually tip up at the PH event on Friday for the Great British Welcome. Been going for years, you will love it (we camp at Maison Blanche). The T6 may make the trip if I can persuade my brother to drive the support bus!!

Insert Coin likes this.
  13. Insert Coin

Map
    I think it's a lot calmer these days, 'mad Friday' is more like 'slightly excitable Friday' these days from what I've read, gendarmes everywhere clamping down on any sign of over exuberance.

I'll watch out for the Sag, we're going to the GBW on Friday too.

I've stuck two more stickers on the side windows to increase my 0-60 :cool:

[​IMG]

JonB likes this.
  14. JonB

JonB Member VIP Member T6 Pro

We camped in Beausejour which after the race on Sunday people started getting a bit excited and were racing around and doing donuts etc in the large open spaces.
    This guy in the ford ranger decided to try and drift his truck. Didn’t end up too well :slow rofl:

4889AA39-72B0-447C-9C0F-6FEAE7BEA328.jpeg

7C92532E-F7AD-47C3-925D-1392484A6599.jpeg

15. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    8DB4D765-8AB7-4765-80BC-6AA94D03AD45.jpeg Saw this whilst waiting for the Chunnel today and thought of you @Insert Coin

Insert Coin and $immo like this.
  16. Insert Coin

Map
    2840D07B-BAA5-48AD-86A0-E9B9B4044372.jpeg BA3EC764-A7D4-4E3E-B259-5C9397E40C31.jpeg B8B842B5-57E1-426F-B072-8D483E68B6F1.jpeg

I’ve seen a few T6’s over here, plenty of T5’s too :cool:

JonB and Lord Mfwic like this.
  17. Clydiee

Clydiee Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Did Le Mans for the first time too this year, absolutely loved it! Just booked with 1st Tickets for next year...can't wait. Going to look into decals for my Kombi

Insert Coin likes this.
  18. Insert Coin

Map
    We're just about to book for next year, 4 days away from the wife and kids, unlimited beers and motorsport... what's not to like :cool:

Tags: