Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating

When it comes to lining the rear, how do people recomend avoiding any joins on the rear doorway? I'm guessing You can line the sides in one big go, cutting the windows afterwards. And the arch way over the door can be dome from floor to roof and down to the floor again in a single go but where to join this with the side? Pictures would be very useful.

I started at the left side B pillar and went right down the side,round the tailgate and up to the right side B pillar in one go

No joins at all

Inspired by Absolut5

Ah so a single piece. I was imagining that I would need to use the carpet lengthways for the rear opening. That's uiseful to know thanks, and yes It's Absolute5 I was trying to emulate here too :D

Ah so a single piece. I was imagining that I would need to use the carpet lengthways for the rear opening. That's uiseful to know thanks, and yes It's Absolute5 I was trying to emulate here too :D
That T6 carpet lining thread was my bible mate

No I got 3.6mm that way you can use hidden fixings. Haven’t any fixings that can accommodate thicker ply. If using thicker tend to need to use screws in order to flex the ply into the shape of the rear quarter.
Cheers davey , im struggling to find the longer clips for the roof trims ?im using suede on roof but still going to need longer clips when i carpet the trim.Any ideas where to get them.

Mega van mats do longer clips.

If using thicker ply and you want hidden clips you have to resses the head into the ply.. use a fostner bit (before drill bit).

Yes they will, they are a good fit in the roof hole and need a bit of pushing in but otherwise perfect for the task

When it comes to lining the rear, how do people recomend avoiding any joins on the rear doorway? I'm guessing You can line the sides in one big go, cutting the windows afterwards. And the arch way over the door can be dome from floor to roof and down to the floor again in a single go but where to join this with the side? Pictures would be very useful.
Yeah i was wondering this, I've done one side of the van but left rear bit of the van , do i cut a strip and do it in one go or joint it some where?I've measured i need a strip of 4 metres , and I've only got 2 m2 left .
Will it matter if i join it in middle cos im getting overhead locker anyway?

No rest for you then kid ;)

Yes all seems fine with the coating. I have done 2 cleans (even tho the roads are black!) cleans of fine to a nice finish, paint still looks good still. I have found that when it rains it wash the sh$t off, but as you no its a mess out there at the moment.

Would this be a ceramic coat?

Apologies for the lack of searching, mid sound deadening, what's the crack with the vw insulation? Just silent coat over the top of it?

20190428_184913.jpg

I removed the insulation when sound proofing. In fact some of mine had fallen off.. I reused it for cable protection when i was running the various cables through the Van for 24v etc...

I removed the insulation when sound proofing. In fact some of mine had fallen off.. I reused it for cable protection when i was running the various cables through the Van for 24v etc...
Thanks! How did you get it off? I feel like it'll make a big mess? Cheers!

I removed all I could then waved a plumbing torch over it to burn off some of the loose fibres left behind as I feared the sound deadening wouldn’t stick properly, I imagine some IPA/wd40/petrol/other sticky shit remover would do the job of removing the left overs ?

Back