Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating

So latest make shift is a light weight ply bed in the back. Photos to follow. fixes to the 2 of the 2+1 seat and uses the pivot bolt s and head rest to hold it in place. 12mm ply one sheet off.

happy to share dimensions and hints and tips for anyone wanting the same. PM me. cost of ply about £35 quid, some dowel and a drill bit a few quid, time patience and glue, highly recommend gator wood glue, sticks as well as I imagine a gator bites,

Can anyone suggest how to attach a single panel in the top half of the van as shown in the picture

IMG_1420.JPG

Before I place my order....how much dodo insulator do I need...1 or 2 3m rolls?

Hi can anyone please tell me if you still require vent holes on bottom of rear panels between wheel arch & light clusters on N/S/R & O/S/R. I think they are also there to aid in helping to close door in one go it lets the pressure escape ?

Mine had duck tape over holes, then carpeted on top. Doors always shut.

What’s everyone using to insulate floors?
I’ve seen the dodo van floor which seems expensive and I’m a bit confused how to apply it, guessing it goes between the 9mm slats and the play floor but would think it would get ver crushed then which would make it a lot less efficient

anyone else put thermal insulation on to of the sound deadening on the wheel arches? The kirvans stuff doesn't seem to want to stick to the sound deadening.

Harrisson Trim Supplies are a great company and Danielle is lovely to deal with. When we started up we used them a lot to supply a multitude of products including their easyliner carpet. These days we buy rolls of carpet from the same supplier as Mega Van Mats. Here is the direct comparisson of the two from a company with the ability to make a first hand informed decision thus helping you choose the right carpet for your needs.
Cost - obviously we buy rolls and we choose to pay more for a 30m roll of the Mega stretch type carpet than a 40m roll of easyliner.
Quality - We prefer Mega Stretch or we wouldn't use it a 30m roll is as fat as a 40m easyliner this tells me its around 25% thicker/denser.
Application - We found that the Easyliner can be prone to a bit of glue seepage on rare occasions due to inconsistencies in the thickness.
Safety - Mega Stretch has passed the EC118 fire resistance tests / Easyliner has passed the UK trading standards equivilent which consists of exactly the same test criteria.
In conclusion.......
We have achieved great results with both carpets but choose the Mega Stretch as the quality is undoubtedly superior to the Easyliner and we pride ourselves on only using the very best materials available to convert vans.

I hope for those of you taking on the job of lining your vans your selves this comparison helps you choose your carpet supplier.

Here are some shots of our work

Love this ,how much?

Do you have to take out the full rubber floor and replace it with 12mm ply(or is that too thick?) or ply over rubber floor? Or 6mm ply under rubber floor after sound deadening and insulating under the floor?
Which way is best and right?

What thickness 6mm?
No I got 3.6mm that way you can use hidden fixings. Haven’t any fixings that can accommodate thicker ply. If using thicker tend to need to use screws in order to flex the ply into the shape of the rear quarter.

Back