Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating

I didn't use carpet, too heavy and I made the mistake of using a thicker ply and it wouldn't bend and stay in place with the fixing, there are quite a lot of
different thinner materials to use and the cost varies a lot. there is so much on this sight, just watch and read as much as you can then choose. it is easier than you think but patience is a virtue.

:mexican wave:

Ladies and Gents,

Any thoughts on advantage of fitting 2mm MLV on top of the factory kombi rubber flooring so the current flooring acts as a decoupler for the MLV

Or should I buy a Dodo Barrier Pro MLV and fit under the factory floor mat ?

The whole of the kombi floor and wheel arches and panels on my T6.1 kombi is already sound deadened with Dodo Hex inside and out. As well as duo liner on roof , doors and panels

Really trying to reduce the road noise as much as possible as I think this is the last thing I can do. :thumbsdown:

TIA
What did you do in the end with your floor? I am wondering the best direction to take things with the standard kombi rubber flooring.

I am about at the point where I have to sound deaden and insulate, I'm not that bothered about brand names, can anyone recommend a product or bundle for the following: Floor, bottom panels all round, rear quarters and roof?

Thanks.

For sound deadening materials, there are plenty of cheaper non branded options on eBay that are perfectly fine. For insulation I'd try Kiravans and Harrison Trim for their products.

Hi guys, we have a lwb T6 panel van and not planning on adding windows to rear (so a bit extra coverage needed).

We want to cover every surface with 6mm thermo liner. (planning to add wool insulation over the top to help with the hot climates we intend to visit.)

the large van kit includes 20sq.m and 9.4sq.m
Dodo DEADN Large Van Kit
2 x Dodo DEADN Hex 50SE Pack (9.4sq.m)
2 x Dodo Thermo Liner 10m Rolls (20sq.m)

Do you think this is about right quantity for 100% thermo liner and probably 50% deadn?

Edit: ordered now, so hopefully its good.

Last edited:
How much time should I set aside to deaden my front doors - outer skin and carrier? Not used Dodomat before or disassembled T6 doors. Rather not start it unless I’ve time to get it finished!

How much time should I set aside to deaden my front doors - outer skin and carrier? Not used Dodomat before or disassembled T6 doors. Rather not start it unless I’ve time to get it finished!
I would allow 2-3 hours per door. I did both doors and speaker change in a day.

Thanks @brizjg. I already have all I need for the doors - deadening sheets etc. The query was regarding the rest of the van – quieten it down and add some thermal insulation.

Is it ok to apply silent coat over the top of the factory sound deadening or is it best to try and remove it?

Will be putting dodo super liner over the silent coat too..

Back