@ studley did you have cruise control on your mfsw or on the stalk before you changed?
Mines on the stalk so not sure what i should be looking for

@ studley did you have cruise control on your mfsw or on the stalk before you changed?
Mines on the stalk so not sure what i should be looking for
I've just read all the posts i need to find a wheel to fit euro 5 and fit my buttons, i can either fit bag and wheel or just wheel and use my airbag, will have a look on ebay tonight

I've just read all the posts i need to find a wheel to fit euro 5 and fit my buttons, i can either fit bag and wheel or just wheel and use my airbag, will have a look on ebay tonight
Yep euro 5 wheel on yours mate, euro 6 has cruise on the wheel. your find one no probs :thumbsup:

I did not get a MFW on my Cali when I ordered it but out of interest could it be retrofitted

Not sure if you will have the wiring/plugs there to connect to mate. You will have to remove the wheel and have a look see whats lurking behind there :unsure:

Quick question how will I know if the airbag will fit my wireing, it's been a very long time since I've played with airbags and squibs

From what i could tell the looms on the back of bags are the same but with different wiring to suit the controls on the wheel/model you have. As i have said i just swapped the loom from mine to the new air bag (round type) and all worked good. On right GTI round air bag, left T6 shaped air bag. Loom just un-clipped and transferred across.
20170203_095925.jpg

From what i could tell the looms on the back of bags are the same but with different wiring to suit the controls on the wheel/model you have. As i have said i just swapped the loom from mine to the new air bag (round type) and all worked good. On right GTI round air bag, left T6 shaped air bag. Loom just un-clipped and transferred across.
View attachment 6704
Cheers pal your a good one:thumbsup:

@Roadrunner yes MFSW can be added and 100% the wires won't already be there, you need to add LIN-BUS to BCM and also power, wheels with cruise on them also have an extra wire going directly to the engine ECU to control the cruise

@Roadrunner yes MFSW can be added and 100% the wires won't already be there, you need to add LIN-BUS to BCM and also power, wheels with cruise on them also have an extra wire going directly to the engine ECU to control the cruise
I should of asked you if you can fit the euro 6 mfsw with ac to euro 5 with ac on the stalk is it possible

IMG_2827.JPGThis is on my T5

Cruise doesn't work yet as I haven't got the acc radar fitted so haven't tried, but all other buttons work

I've gone and bought a euro 5 R-Line dsg paddle mfw today but was interested to see if it was possible, I don't mind ac on the stalk, would of been nice to have acc though

It will be possible but will also depend on engine ECU and ABS modules aswel if they support ACC

It hopefully will be soon, just waiting on some last wiring looms then going to strip it all out one weekend and fit it all, trying to fit nearly every available option to it
:smile bounce:

It hopefully will be soon, just waiting on some last wiring looms then going to strip it all out one weekend and fit it all, trying to fit nearly every available option to it
:smile bounce:
Very nice indeed and save yourself a nice few quid

Back