T6_paddle_left_1.jpg T6_paddle_right_1.jpg
T6 MFSW as from factory - all red. No flat bottom though.

Today I finally got round to joining the halls of flappy paddle fame, and want to pay homage to this thread, and especially the part @RattyMcClelland wrote some time ago about removing and swapping out the buttons, because this is a heart in mouth job!
It took a couple of hours of messing about to fix everything. and the wheel I swapped it for wasn't the same as my Highline one, so a few fiddly bits to change over. Then pretty much every warning light on the dash illuminated once I started the van after fitting, but thankfully my trusty little Carista re-set all these, and the jobs a good'n.

The main reason for this mod is my T6 goes over to DMS next month for a re-map and DSG tweak, hopefully taking the 204 beast up to around 250bhp and a nice power increase from 333lb.ft up to 392lb.ft (all DMS quoted figures)
Yeah, flappy paddles are a bit of a fad, and I rarely used them on my Golf, but the actual wheel is smaller, flat bottomed to fit my fluctuating belly, and a lot more comfortable to hold, plus I did it because I can.. One productive and very satisfying morning.

Oh and thanks @Fish for being on the end of WhatsApp... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You know all I would want on one is the volume buttons for the radio and phone, don't want cruse and it's manual anyway

Hi not sure if I've screwed up
Bought from evilbay a GTI red stitched wheel
label inside says
part No 5GO 419 091 M/T/-/- GTI AAC
It has the Mode button
do I have the correct wheel for a T6 Highline ? (I don't have the van yet )

label inside says
It has the Mode button
Not sure. Mine doesn’t have the mode button on. However you can change your old buttons onto the new wheel.

label inside says
It has the Mode button
It should have cancel button ,I don't think the mode button will work .

Evilbay sucked me in too, bought a Leather GT wheel without the cruise on, just need a trip stalk and a visit to Vagnostics to sort . Anybody else got a Euro 5 here and done the same thing?

Most of the wheels available at the moment seem to have the mode button
Some one must be sucking up the CNL button ones and stockpiling them ;)

Back