Come on guys someone give me a clue please, I’ve read the full thread but still can’t find a definitive answer. As there are loads of Trendlines and Startlines I’m sure someone’s has tried before.

Is it possible to fit a multifunction steering wheel and get the buttons working instead of the current no button plastic wheel?

Pretty please with cherries on top

I think @Absolut5 is able install them ?

Job done - upgraded to flappy paddle flat bottomed joy wheel, did a full swap of buttons and air bag, take your time working the switch/plastic/housing out from the assembly but the best assistant I had was turning the wheel 90deg and using my iPhone cam to help see and flip the airbag release springs
Plug and play soooooo2CEF3E57-667D-4ED4-9144-8D2A5E67CC36.jpeg A99FA5B9-DEEA-4311-8428-62A55C25A57B.jpeg 36FB5AAD-E21A-4F5F-98FE-7D78397B3CAC.jpeg much fun

$175AUD delivered from eBay Australia

B77F7C3E-1A36-42A4-BC7F-0571D104EC78.jpeg I just had a quick scan thru lots of other DSG steering wheel pictures and most have red illumination on all buttons including the paddles, seems the wheel I got must have had white but I swapped my original button cluster into the Golf Steering wheel, I like the variation

View attachment 19671 I just had a quick scan thru lots of other DSG steering wheel pictures and most have red illumination on all buttons including the paddles, seems the wheel I got must have had white but I swapped my original button cluster into the Golf Steering wheel, I like the variation
Mine is the same white paddles ,dsg letters on the side of the shifter are white though .
I was going to see if I could change the bulb in the paddles to red

Hi - just wondering if any one could tell me if the below pic of a wheel would fit a a T6 highline fitted with the media nav radio, the cruise control on the van is located on the stalk,

I’d appreciate some feed back

Many thanks !!

D8D34A3A-1BB3-4BEE-BEFE-3C76457BB250.png

Hi - just wondering if any one could tell me if the below pic of a wheel would fit a a T6 highline fitted with the media nav radio, the cruise control on the van is located on the stalk,

I’d appreciate some feed back

Many thanks !!

View attachment 20318
That looks like a T5.1 or golf 6 ,so I don't think it would work ,you need a golf 7 or one from a t6

So what about this one, I might be wrong I’m sure I’ve seen one of these fitted to someone’s T6 on this forum ??

13E8B3B3-C744-415D-BB33-CD4CAF236299.png

But don’t all the MK7 golds have the cruise on the steering wheel ?

Not sure if all mk7 golfs have cruise on the wheel but they share a steering wheel shape/style with polo, passat and scirocco. You can often find one of them with the correct button config for your van (or swap buttons if needed).

I bought a brand new passat sport MFSW from germany, far cheaper than the scandalous prices for new or used wheels on UK ebay.

Last edited:
Sorry, my question is will the wheel with the red bottom work on a T6 ?
Or is it a case of try it if it doesn’t think again,
To be honest I’m having a nightmare trying to sorce the correct airbag there are so many different configurations...
Thanks for the input

Sorry, my question is will the wheel with the red bottom work on a T6 ?
Or is it a case of try it if it doesn’t think again,
To be honest I’m having a nightmare trying to sorce the correct airbag there are so many different configurations...
Thanks for the input

Not sure! As Carl mentioned, it looks like mk6 golf era, possibly too old to work in a T6.

I’m going from a trend line though with no buttons, I thought it would need some coding ?

I’m going from a trend line though with no buttons, I thought it would need some coding ?

I think you need some extra wiring for that depending on the controls on the steering you want fitted. Sorry but i cant help you with that, best speak to the professionals

If it doesn’t have existing MFSW then you will need to install a couple cables from the wheel back to the BCM and it will need coding

Back