I would think as you've cruise on the stalk it won't work with the buttons on the wheel.
My van had the cruise on the wheel to start with

My cruise wouldn't work on the wheel as I have it on the stalk like you, I ended up taking the button console off my old wheel and putting it on the new one.

Just swapped the chrome trim around the buttons for a nice piano black with R at the bottom. Looks much better than chrome with GTI but what a barsteward to get off.

View attachment 7434
If I knew I could of purchased the black r -line surround would go gone for the gti red stitching wheel only had silver stitching r line wheel in stock :(

My Kombi is not arriving until end of June beginning July but I would like to get a steering wheel ordered for it after reading this post. I have a T32 204 DSG Highline coming, it does have front assist. Any idea which steering wheel I will need as it has front assist I don't know if there is a specific one to get.

I think you may well need one that has the cruise control on the wheel. @StudleyGlass / @andythom188 as you've swapped your steering wheels do you have Euro 6, I can't remember? Doesn't the E6 have the cruise on the wheel? I know my E5 has it in the stalk.

As you have DSG get a wheel with paddles.

Most folks seem to go for the Golf R or GTi wheel.
I don't think that there is anything specific to the front assist that comes back to the steering wheel. Is it not part of the cruise system?

Back