Makes sense, as you would need to shift lever for park, Rev, neutral due to change of forward mode.. :thumbsup: Was wondering, as don't have DSG, although like them, wish they did paddles for a manual.. Now that would be fun, seeing gearstick move on its own.. :rofl:

Just a tip: if you push and hold the right paddle in for a second it will switch to auto. It will also switch to auto after some seconds if you hold throttle(?) steady.

In manual mode, gearshift to the right, it will not switch to auto. Very practical system , love it

i love mine too..stops it changing down gears when going down steep hill too..that really annoyed me..
niceone SofaKing i will try that too

Makes sense, as you would need to shift lever for park, Rev, neutral due to change of forward mode.. :thumbsup: Was wondering, as don't have DSG, although like them, wish they did paddles for a manual.. Now that would be fun, seeing gearstick move on its own.. :rofl:
That would be wacky seing the gearstick move on its own

Just a tip: if you push and hold the right paddle in for a second it will switch to auto. It will also switch to auto after some seconds if you hold throttle(?) steady.

In manual mode, gearshift to the right, it will not switch to auto. Very practical system , love it
You learn something new everyday cheers for the tips :thumbsup:

I wasn't thinking when I wrote that post!!! Totally wouldn't make sense for it to go into Neutral or reverse lol

You wouldn't think I'd owned a DSG for 5 years already lololololol

What size ,torx or spline do I need to remove the wheel ,
Cheers

@T6 dork ,did you pull the trim off with the wheel still on the van .
Just tried taking it off the new wheel ,but need to be like an octopus to hold it .

@T6 dork ,did you pull the trim off with the wheel still on the van .
Just tried taking it off the new wheel ,but need to be like an octopus to hold it .

Yes its really difficult but persevere a bit at a time working side to side but be carefull
i think warming it up with hairdryer might help
Yes it needs to be on the van

Last edited:
So after reading this thread over and over I finally ordered a MK7 Golf R-Line steering wheel for the T6 :)
I previously owned a MK7 Golf R and the R-Line steering wheel is identical apart from the Piano Black Trim, so I know for a fact that its a much better wheel to hold and look at over the standard T6 one.
Lets hope its as easy to fit as you guy's say :thumbsup:

s-l1600_zpshdbe4ugp.jpg

So after reading this thread over and over I finally ordered a MK7 Golf R-Line steering wheel for the T6 :)
I previously owned a MK7 Golf R and the R-Line steering wheel is identical apart from the Piano Black Trim, so I know for a fact that its a much better wheel to hold and look at over the standard T6 one.
Lets hope its as easy to fit as you guy's say :thumbsup:

View attachment 7374
Where do I buy one please? ;-)

Back