Steering Wheel is off centre

I'm assuming the natural camber of the roads in the UK has been ruled out? Or are there lots of threads in europe " my T6 pulls to the right!"

I'm assuming the natural camber of the roads in the UK has been ruled out? Or are there lots of threads in europe " my T6 pulls to the right!"
I would say the natural/normal(=not extreme) camber of the roads is not a factor. Up here the LHD T5/T6s do not pull to the right, and not to the left on left lane.

Anyone tried swapping front left and right wheels to see if that makes difference? Or front to rear, or even different set of wheels. Broken/loose tyre belts are rare but not exceptional, just had one on my car a few months ago - which made it pull right. Replacement of the tyre cured the pull.

I would say the natural/normal(=not extreme) camber of the roads is not a factor. Up here the LHD T5/T6s do not pull to the right, and not to the left on left lane.

Anyone tried swapping front left and right wheels to see if that makes difference? Or front to rear, or even different set of wheels. Broken/loose tyre belts are rare but not exceptional, just had one on my car a few months ago - which made it pull right. Replacement of the tyre cured the pull.
I've tried swapping wheels and it has helped. But it's still there . I agree camber is not the major factor . When I drove to Scotland last week towing a caravan it was worse. It was almost like I was holding the steering wheel right to keep a straight line , but on a very very slight left hand kink the van felt neutral and at ease .

Update ,
Took van to addison tyres in Tipton. Good bunch of lads . They have checked tow and camber and rear tow is out and front camber out. They have now sorted the tow and the steering wheel is now straight. They did say the van may still pull slightly as they can't adjust the camber on the t6 unless you fit a special bolt or the pro bushes . So the out come it drives better , wheel straight but still a little pull. Custom vans are a waste of time , selling modded vans and saying VW will honour warranty. VW dealer say NO they won't . Interesting
Also a note @Shredder comment on codes for different vans on the hunter system is bang on the money . So well done for that info

Update ,
Took van to addison tyres in Tipton. Good bunch of lads . They have checked tow and camber and rear tow is out and front camber out. They have now sorted the tow and the steering wheel is now straight. They did say the van may still pull slightly as they can't adjust the camber on the t6 unless you fit a special bolt or the pro bushes . So the out come it drives better , wheel straight but still a little pull. Custom vans are a waste of time , selling modded vans and saying VW will honour warranty. VW dealer say NO they won't . Interesting
Also a note @Shredder comment on codes for different vans on the hunter system is bang on the money . So well done for that info

ok so this is tempting me to go to another alignment place from the one I've been to twice who said mines fine apart from a bit of camber due to it being lowered.

Is there a specific setting on the hunters machine that the garage need to select?

Ok on mine it says transporter / caravelle / eurovan/ multivan. Half load all models.
Then if you have lowered bigger alloys they will adjust with those in mind.
I may get pro bushes fitted on mine so camber can be adjusted.
Make sure they use T6 setting. Aline in Dudley don't for what ever reason. Maybe hunter needs an update

ok so this is tempting me to go to another alignment place from the one I've been to twice who said mines fine apart from a bit of camber due to it being lowered.

Is there a specific setting on the hunters machine that the garage need to select?
Try Addison tyres in Tipton. Noticed your cov so it's not that far, plus they do all the alignment for VW in bilston.. just make sure you put the steering wheel where you want it .
I've ordered h&r sway bars so I'll update you when I fit them on my finding .

Try Addison tyres in Tipton. Noticed your cov so it's not that far, plus they do all the alignment for VW in bilston.. just make sure you put the steering wheel where you want it .
I've ordered h&r sway bars so I'll update you when I fit them on my finding .

Cheers for this, I've spoken to the garage that does mine and they weren't aware of the options having any difference so are going to give it a try for me first.

@BognorMotors as you guys do a lot of b14s and anti roll bars are you aware of the options and do you or anyone else (@Pauly) know what's the difference in the options selected

Guess its to do with weight etc and differant suspension on dofferant vans..
Never going to get a petfect set up , due to b14s /tyres/ lowering height etc
But read on here that using base settings on factory sus will give a half decent reading etc

Guess its to do with weight etc and differant suspension on dofferant vans..
Never going to get a petfect set up , due to b14s /tyres/ lowering height etc
But read on here that using base settings on factory sus will give a half decent reading etc

fingers crossed because it's doing my nut in

Do anyone get fully to the bottom of this?
My van is lowered 50mm on b14’s, h&r atb’s and 18inch rims.
Been tracked 3 times now, once by the conversion company and twice at a place with a Hunter. All print outs show it in the green for all readings but i still have to hold the wheel to the right when on the motorway, left go and it pulls left. If I look at the stitching on the bottom of the wheel it’s off centre by an inch.

Just wanted to know how peopleû over come this problem before I take it back and get them to do it again but with the wheel set slightly to the left

Hi Jon,
Never got to the bottom of it. I think the vans that have this problem , there's no real fix. I've spend hours on end for an answer. The only thing that as help mine fitting a camber bolt on the front left . If you look on your alingment print out you will see the camber reading , although both read negative if say the right as slightly move negative than say the left , the left will be classed as positive so the van will pull to that side . So I've made the left more negative and re aligned the tracking. It as helped but not 100%. Camber bolts are about 20 quid and easy to fit . It's worth a try . It's made me more happy as it was doing my but in . Hope that helps .

Mine is exactly the same, wheel sits slight slanted to the right, and pulls left off the road when I let go... my OCD plays me up

going to work in the dark and home in the dark is helping me not to look at how much my wheel is out

Maybe we should just all pretend we’re driving a classic, characterful t1

Back