Stealth b2 or horizon sport

Jeff Goodall

T6 Pro
Hi all, which low profile pop top is better between stealth b2 or horizon sport .
Any one got a review maybe on these .
Thanks for any advice

Hi all, which low profile pop top is better between stealth b2 or horizon sport .
Thanks for any advice
There's unlikely to be a review of the Horizon roof - they're very, very new to the market... well... sort of...ish. They are a reincarnation of the Hilo Sport roof, but now manufactured by Visiontech Automotive (VA) rather than HiLo (who recently went bust).

If you're familiar with the Hilo name, then you'll be aware it carries a lot of baggage, and if you're not, I suggest you search the forum and make yourself familiar. General consensus for the Sport roof is that the issues related to poor installation and appalling customer service, but that the product itself was very good. (Note, this sentiment doesn't extend to the Hilo Surf roof, which, by all accounts, also suffered from product-related issues).

For full disclosure and transparency, I have purchased a Hilo Sport roof that VA will be fitting when my van arrives. VA are one of a handful of Hilo installers across the country who are, IMO, capable of fitting the Hilo Sport properly and, AFAIK, they don't have customers with pop-top issues. Again, a forum search is your friend here.

I have one of the last remaining HiLo Sport roofs (as @Bav is aware) which was only fitted a couple of months ago. I too heard all the noise about HiLo's (as in, don't touch them!) but it was the only roof I was interested in after seeing one on a buddy of mine's van, and purely for aesthetic purposes...as unless you know what to look for, you can't tell it's a pop-top roof.

I kept travelling to Campervan shows until I found a fitter who was willing to install one (which took a few trips), being Visiontech Automotive...who swore by them. I've seen the Stealth roofs, and I like what I saw, although I have no experience or knowledge of them. That was going to be my fallback option if I couldn't get a HiLo (that or the Skylow).

Obviously I can't yet comment on how the HiLo (now Horizon Sport) fairs over time...but I can tell you that if I was doing it again, I'd want Visiontech to fit the Horizon Sport ;)

The Hilo was the only pop top on my list - to the extent that I chose a conversion company (VA) more than 4.5 hours away to fit one for me. Luckily for you, VA are in Colchester, so not that far from you. If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend you arrange a visit to VA and get hands-on with a Hilo/Horizon roof.

The Hilo was the only pop top on my list - to the extent that I chose a conversion company (VA) more than 4.5 hours away to fit one for me. Luckily for you, VA are in Colchester, so not that far from you. If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend you arrange a visit to VA and get hands-on with a Hilo/Horizon roof.
I spoke to Dan at vision tech & going to pay them a visit.
Also spoken to low life about b2 stealth .
Just don’t want to make a very expensive mistake.
I’m sure I’m not the only one trying to decide which one to go for if you want a discreet roof.
Thanks

I’m sure I’m not the only one trying to decide which one to go for if you want a discreet roof.
Thanks
Yep, 100% agree. You'll no doubt have seen images of the Horizon...I'll happily share pictures of my (pre Horizon) HiLo if it helps with any decision

I've no experience of the B2 Stealth roof, but looking on their website, the first thing that stands out is the difference in price compared to an Horizon Sport - they're almost half the price!!

The second thing I noticed was that Jaibow are listed as fitter. As they are vaunted as an Horizon Sport fitter and they used to install the Hilo Sport, they're well placed to discuss with you the pros and cons of each. The owner, Jason, is another of the fitters that I rated as capable of fitting the Hilo Sport properly (it was other aspects of the conversion that lead me to choose VA as my converter).

Thanks
Have you had a look at the Vanmax roof.
There’s recent thread related discussions where a poorly fitted hilo has been replaced by a Vanmax.
It’s low and stealthy but doesn’t open as high as the hi-lo. But well designed and good quality.
Had mine on for over 2 years now no issues.D9B41D31-1A21-4F6F-BEEB-2C049FB42D56.jpegD50F48A6-646E-480F-B4C9-A7FC76452241.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for any advice
Hi Jeff, did you decide or get a poptop fitted? I am waiting for some 2023 reviews/images before I finally decide. Would like something as close to the old Hilo as possible (think it’s now the horizon)

Hi Jeff, did you decide or get a poptop fitted? I am waiting for some 2023 reviews/images before I finally decide. Would like something as close to the old Hilo as possible (think it’s now the horizon)
Hi , unfortunately my van has still not arrived, 14 months & waiting.
Soon as I get it I would like to book it in for pop top but still can’t quite make up my mind.
I’m going to nec camper show in February to see if I can get to look at some in the flesh.

Just had Horizon Sport fitted last week , very pleased , its awsome and I am very impressed with the quality
Also the four fixings plus toggle bolt means its never going to open without permission
My installer ( scenic campers ) said the old Hilo was a good product ,he has one on his own van but had gotten a lot of bad press due to poor installations

Just had Horizon Sport fitted last week , very pleased , its awsome and I am very impressed with the quality
Also the four fixings plus toggle bolt means its never going to open without permission
My installer ( scenic campers ) said the old Hilo was a good product ,he has one on his own van but had gotten a lot of bad press due to poor installations
Do you know if there's actually any differences in design between the Hilo and the Horizon?

Back