Thomas Hopkins

VIP Member
Hi all,
I know this topic has been mentioned before but was wondering if any more info has come about regarding he replacement, I have a 2016 startline in white with standard non colour coded black one piece front bumper and would like to convert to a colour coded highline front bumper, does anyone have part numbers or best places to buy from trade counter e.t.c

Any help would be awesome!

Are you after getting a bumper with holes for fog lights etc. You will need to install fog lights and I'm not sure how difficult that is with wiring loom and things. You could just get your current bumper painted to match the van if fog light aren't an avenue you wish to go down.

Hi ed thanks for getting back to me! I had thought about he respray option but have been told on a textured bumper it will never look right ?
I have the startline and after complete it my own camper conversion i believe it to be to builders van and not smart camper the second image is ideally what I would like it to look like

You've certainly got a good looking base vehicle. Sadly I was lucky enough to get a high line and therefore haven't gone through the route you have to take. Someone will be along shortly with more information than I have on the subject.

Just had a quick play with the search button and found this.
Colour coding Startline bumpers
Many subjects have already been covered and using the search feature can bring up these threads. Reading through you often find answers to things you didn't even think were important.
Make sure you keep us all u to date with your build progress. :thumbsup:

Depending what avenue you want to go down I can supply stuff through the forum shop with a bit of discount over full retail prices but I reckon a new bumper is always going to be pricy so hopefully you can pick one up second hand (@Gingercoastie was selling one not sure if it's still available) I have a couple second hand front panels available and can source new ones if required and I also have retrofit front foglight kits is you plan to do that ?

Hi Pauly,
Thanks for that that's very kind and believe your based very close to me, what parts are required to complete he full conversion ? Grill, bumper ? Excuse my ignorance still trying to work out what parts make up ge whole unit, what would you suggest the price being for the whole lot ?

Thanks mate

Hello Thomas.
TPS can supply you all of the bits that you need. Bumper will cost you just over £500 including the grills, this is then plus paint and any shiny bits of trim that you want. I have gradually collected all of the bits to do this job on my van for a good bit less. If you buy a secondhand bumper have a good look and make sure all of the lugs are intact also check that the bits of plastic inside at the bottom on each side are still there. This forum and E-bay are good but watch out for how much some people are charging. TPS are genuine parts at a price. Your one piece bumper can be sprayed but you will need someone who knows what they are doing.
Good luck Baz

Hello Thomas.
TPS can supply you all of the bits that you need. Bumper will cost you just over £500 including the grills, this is then plus paint and any shiny bits of trim that you want. I have gradually collected all of the bits to do this job on my van for a good bit less. If you buy a secondhand bumper have a good look and make sure all of the lugs are intact also check that the bits of plastic inside at the bottom on each side are still there. This forum and E-bay are good but watch out for how much some people are charging. TPS are genuine parts at a price. Your one piece bumper can be sprayed but you will need someone who knows what they are doing.
Good luck Baz
Thanks baz!
Managed to find a second hand t6 highline bumper for £200 sprayed used, managed to find the top grille for £50 but am struggling to find the lower grille, ideally I wouldn't want the fog lights can you buy a lower grille blank without the fog lights ?
Cheers

TPS might be worth a try or keep watching E-bay. Yes there is fog light blanks.
Baz

The lower grille (above number plate) is made up of three parts (I have the left and right ones available 2nd hand) and then you would need the two foglight surrounds with or without cutout (I have them with fog cutouts)
There is some plastic parts that come pre attached to bumper and are plastic welded on at the factory so it's worth double checking or looking at the rear of the bumper you have seen to see if these are still attached will see if I can dig out a photo of the back of mine
If you need any help with part numbers/fitting etc mate your welcome to pop down to Plymouth

Awesome guys that's great that's really kind I will do some research and try and find the other bits needed, such awesome help guys!

Hi Folks,

Looking for a few pointers please. I have recently bought a start line panel van which I know it is basic spec but it does me for what I do and is a massive upgrade to my 2007 T5 which I had for a few years and was faultless the full time I owned it but fancied newer T6.

I am looking to upgrade/colour code the front and rear bumpers and I'm having a good dig around the sites deciding what to get and where from, has anybody done this or got any pointers or advice best place to get parts from.

Thanks
Willie

I've been looking at that one and seems to be the only one with full bumper and all the lights to go with it, just not sure what there quality is like and fitment. Maybe somebody will advise that has bought some.

cheers for the reply

Last edited:
I'd be interested how u get on with this Willie as I have just bought a t6 start line myself. And am also in the process of sourcing a good bumper conversion kit. Can u let us know what u decide to do?

Back