Startline showing to be a Highline

Paint

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking to buy a t6 and it is advertised as a high line and as far as I can tell it has all the bells and whistles that should be on a high line rung up the insurance company to insure and when I gave them the registration they said it is a start line is this common or should I be concerned also when I tried to find the value of the van it also came out as a start line it’s a very nice van and ticks all my boxes I all ready own a t6 high line and that comes out as a high line with insurance and value if anyone has any ideas why this is happening any help would be appreciated
thanks paint

Could be a Startline that somebody has converted, upgrading parts. You could check the detail of the spec against a true highline to make sure it’s not just a cosmetic upgrade.

Could be a Startline that somebody has converted, upgrading parts. You could check the detail of the spec against a true highline to make sure it’s not just a cosmetic upgrade.

Thanks for the reply still learning the forum it’s has all that a high line should have could everything be add too a start line when ordering from vw

@Pauly can check out the van details from the VIN. Send him a message rather than posting your VIN in a thread. (Assuming you can get it!)
Will check this out thanks paynewright will it affect the value of the van if it on the surface a high line but underneath a start line

If it has all the Highline options I can't see it bothering people too much.

From memory it should have:

Auto Wipers
Cruise Control
Air-con
Heated Front Screen
Heated Wing Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensor
Colour Coded Wing Mirrors and Bumpers

More options - vcheck.co.uk do a basic check based on reg plate which, in the case of my van at least, shows the basic model info. It cost £2.99 and was instant. Startline shows up as ‘ST-LN’. Here’s mine below.

103FE6AD-268C-499B-823F-139893FE681E.jpeg

It has all the above and more it is from a main dealer and advertised as a high line power folding mirrors auto head lights and widescreen wipers, mf steering wheel, powerlatching tailgate, twin sliding doors, metallic and colour coded, and devonport alloy wheels everything seems to be right for a high line

It has all the above and more it is from a main dealer and advertised as a high line power folding mirrors auto head lights and widescreen wipers, mf steering wheel, powerlatching tailgate, twin sliding doors, metallic and colour coded, and devonport alloy wheels everything seems to be right for a high line

Temperature gauge?

If it’s from a main dealer can you not just ask them to prove to you that it is a factory high line?

Looking to buy a t6 and it is advertised as a high line and as far as I can tell it has all the bells and whistles that should be on a high line rung up the insurance company to insure and when I gave them the registration they said it is a start line is this common or should I be concerned also when I tried to find the value of the van it also came out as a start line it’s a very nice van and ticks all my boxes I all ready own a t6 high line and that comes out as a high line with insurance and value if anyone has any ideas why this is happening any help would be appreciated
thanks paint
It may be that the initial details sent to DVLA were incorrect. I had this with a used Skoda Superb from a main dealer. The engine capacity was 170 but showing as 140 on the V5. Apparently it's not unusual for a typo to occur.

If it’s from a main dealer can you not just ask them to prove to you that it is a factory high line?
Going to pick the van up later it is on the order form in print as a t32 kombi high line eu6 150ps 2.0 tai bmt 7sp
its is a automatic

Aside from being satisfied that it has all the bells and whistles,…

Personally I’d be checking out it’s identity.

Making sure that it’s not a stolen Hiline posing as a Startline.

Make sure that the engine number and vin correspond and more importantly haven’t been tampered with.

I’d be checking it out very carefully.

You don’t want to end up with a stolen vehicle, which incidentally will still belong to the original owner, leaving you out of pocket.

Going to pick the van up later it is on the order form in print as a t32 kombi high line eu6 150ps 2.0 tai bmt 7sp
its is a automatic
I get that, but surely the order form is just what some admin dude at the dealership types up for them to sell it to you.
Can you not raise your doubts and get them to prove it to you by the original build code or whatever they have. Also, what does the V5 say?

It may be that the initial details sent to DVLA were incorrect. I had this with a used Skoda Superb from a main dealer. The engine capacity was 170 but showing as 140 on the V5. Apparently it's not unusual for a typo to occur.
I had that from new as well T30 highline
V5 said T28 trendline
got it changed new V5 loads of aggro from DVLA
But still comes up on some reg searches as T28 trendline

I would think it's an original dealership error. They send off multiple original registrations at a time to the dvla when they take delivery, so mistakes creep in....

I get that, but surely the order form is just what some admin dude at the dealership types up for them to sell it to you.
Can you not raise your doubts and get them to prove it to you by the original build code or whatever they have. Also, what does the V5 say?
I was thinking that and have not been overly impressed with the cu service

Thanks for all your help on this as this was my first post I will check everything recommended and hope it’s a good one as my beloved t6 kombi is going to it’s new owners today it’s taken me ages to find this new van and probably over cautious hopefully will post photos of new kombi soon
paint

I have a startline and having read the amount of stuff your new van has as standard I very much doubt its been retro fitted - it would have been a lot of work and cost. I think its a VW/DVLA typo.

Not unusual, just had my 3 year Mot and service, the printout from VW shows a T30 whereas the V5 and stickers show a T28

Back