Standard Head Unit - Run Off Leisure And Van Battery...

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Quick one for guys in the know...

I have a standard VW 6.33 Composition Media had unit ad i was wondering if there was a way t power it form both the van and leisure batteries?

Any ideas welcome :)

CZ.

It wont run without the ignition turned on, the timer is in built to the headunit and is not power removal so you will be constantly switching it back on

Thought as much, just wanted to double check. don't want to go to the expense of changing the head unit over test so will just run a spare cable from the head unit to the leisure battery for now...

Thanks.

Thought as much, just wanted to double check. don't want to go to the expense of changing the head unit over test so will just run a spare cable from the head unit to the leisure battery for now...

Thanks.

Any advice/guidance on doing this? Going to attempt the same thing.

Cheers,

Any advice/guidance on doing this? Going to attempt the same thing.

Cheers,
You cant do this as above.

But you can use the media control APP to temp disable the shut off.

Or replace the radio for a 3rd party one.

I meant the wiring rather than the programming.

Going to try to disable the shut off but don't want to drain the battery.

Cheers,

Or is it not possible the wire into the leisure batter at all, even if accepting that it will turn off every 20 mins?

It wont work....

It wont run without the ignition turned on, the timer is in built to the headunit and is not power removal so you will be constantly switching it back on

The radio is CAN BUS controlled, so doesnt work like an oldskool radio.

The timer is built into the radio itself regardless of power source.

Other people have just used a separate bluetooth radio/speaker..

Or replaced the head unit for a 3rd party one.

Hi, I still have the factory head unit but have run the cable as suggested - so that when I change the head unit - to a third party one - that I can power it from the leisure batteries.

best.

Cz.

I have a Kenwood DNX516DABS already fitted when we bought the van. Would I be able to run a power lead from this to the leisure battery? @Absolut5

Back