Standard DAB antenna replacement in the roof area?

GavMc P11GT

So we have not had our van long but have thought the DAB was terrible, having read loads on here about it not being the best to start with I wasn’t expecting the world.

Anyway I was going through the vans history and found a bill for a replacement drivers mirror and and associated paint for said mirror but no mention of a replacement antenna.

have had the door panel off today to find half the cable for the antenna wrapped up in the door card.

my question is will this one be any good mounted in the headlining above the a pillar or in the corner of the windscreen? The standard vw mirror aerial appears to be rubbish to start with so I’m reluctant to spend a lot of money buying another! Our van has the standard 6 button stereo will eventually be upgraded but for now the old one needs to work!
Cheers

0BCA878C-77E2-42DC-86C7-4CE57AC44D36.png

This what’s left of the dab antenna I’m guessing these two cables are meant to feed to the door mirror?

can anyone confirm they are both for the antenna or has something else been damaged I notice the passenger door has a similar plug to the white one one so wondered where it’s meant to gon in the drivers door?

95D25EDF-B644-458E-98D3-58095C632FDF.jpeg

I’ve never had the chance to find out unfortunately as was like this before we got the van! But have read quite a few post slating the standard dab antenna
They are not great, roof mount is much better if you do not have a pop top

I believe dab aerials need a 12v supply too?

I had a roof mounted aerial fitted to my bus, before I put a pop top on it and the signal was hardly any better, Dorset is very poor for dab reception.

Internet radio streamed off my phone all the way these days.

Back