Stance+ Ultra Coilovers Arrived Damaged

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
Hi, just got my coilovers delivered and they are damaged in the box. The metal brackets are bent by 90 degrees (will post images when I get home).

IMG_20190930_124031.jpg

I sent some pictures and got this response -

"The brake line brackets are designed to be flexible, It would be much quicker for them to be bent back into place with a pair of pliers as they are just slightly out of shape.

This can sometimes happen inside the box also due to them being flexible, Please do let me know if you need any further assistance."

Should I bend them back or get them replaced?

Last edited:
Steel is flexible.

The vendors somehow suggesting that this parts flexibility is normal.

That part of the strut is designed to be rigid to hold the brake lines.

He would have been more honest to say, 'sorry, it sould not have arrived in that condition, but you should be able to staighten it fairly easily'.

It’s only a hose clip. One of mine was bent. Just bent it back.........no drama

Not sure - got a conversion booked in so going to wait until after that is done...
Makes sense. I’m sitting heavier at the back since conversion - arch to floor measures
Front 765mm
Rear 750mm​

How long until your conversion takes place? If you’re having a bed on rails, then you may need the rear nearside spring out so you can torque the rail bolt up.

Makes sense. I’m sitting heavier at the back since conversion - arch to floor measures
Front 765mm
Rear 750mm​

How long until your conversion takes place? If you’re having a bed on rails, then you may need the rear nearside spring out so you can torque the rail bolt up.
Conversion is later this month, so not to long to wait. I've got some ARBs to be fitted at the same time...

Back