Stance+ Ultra - arch-liners bumping

Fitted Stance + Ultra. I am very happy with the ride and handling but the road noise seems much louder?. I am running 20" with 275/45/20 tyres and still have 50mm freed left on the strut but am still rubbing on bumps. I don't want to left the van any higher as am very happy with the look. Any ideas
Thanks

IMG_4855.jpg

Nice looking van. How wide are your wheels? 275/45 tyres are massive and will be contributing to your problem. Are they rubbing front and rear or just front?

Hi not sure of the wheel size i will have to look, the tyre don't bulge out much just enough to stop the rim hitting curbs. Its only the the fronts that rub on full lock when pulling of my drive ( not all the time) and if i don't creep over speed bumps. cheers

It's more the 45 profile that won't be helping front rub at your suspension height. I've not seen many running 275/45. Are you T28, 30 or 32? Changing tyres will help eliminate the rub, but there are a couple of other, much cheaper, things you can do. Is it rubbing on the inside of the tyre or the outside?

If it's the inside, you can take the wheel off, get a heat gun on the inner arch and push it back a bit where it rubs. That is usually enough to push it out of the way.

If it's the outside, it's usually on the screw head that holds the arch trim in place. You can remove that screw, push the trim up behind the little tab and bend the tab back up a bit. That is usually enough to stop rubbing on the outside.

Hi Chris its a t28 and the tyres are 40s not 45s sorry. It seem to be more on the inner plastic arch.when turning and i think your right reg the screw at the top of the arch (more so at speed when hitting dips in the road)

Hi Chris its a t28 and the tyres are 40s not 45s sorry. It seem to be more on the inner plastic arch.when turning and i think your right reg the screw at the top of the arch (more so at speed when hitting dips in the road)
Sounds like you need to do the heat gun and move that screw. I've had to do both recently!

Ref the tyres, on 8.5" wide rims and with your van being T28, you don't need 275/40. They are often fitted as they are easily available at good prices due to being a common size, but in all honesty they are bigger than necessary. Have a read through this thread about tyres, same conversation today, but with a different member;

Back