Stance+ Street fitting

Geordman

VIP Member
T6 Pro
A question for stance+ street users. I've just received my coilover kit from venom. I’ve assembled the front struts using some new meyle hd topmounts and nuts. Im finding that off the van i can inly wind the spring perch down about 1/3 of the thread travel before the spring dislocates i want to get the van nice and low (90-100mm) but cant imagine its good to have the spring dislocated when the weight is completely off the suspension (this may even fail an MOT)
My question is have others found the same? And are others allowing the spring to dislocate or is 1/3 down enough for a decent drop? I’ll grab a pic and post in a reply below.

Photo 1 shows max drop without dislocation
Photo 2 close up of the thread
Photo 3 is about half way on the thread and you can see the spring clearly dislocated.

9C2DB4D9-B2C0-4106-8046-820E665CB99A.jpeg

96DD5013-AA4A-498F-8219-7AD2668DED2D.jpeg

F840DA3F-F626-48E6-A682-C2EDD5F25F64.jpeg

It will yes, but if the suspension extends loads from a big bump or uneven ground on a campsite i feel it might drop down. Perhaps not?
Just interested if other users have found it to be an issue. I have read that a dislocating spring whilst jacked up at an MOT test can be a fail. I could be wrong on that to though :slow rofl:

get a pair of helper springs. they are light and easily compressed but strong enough to expand when unloaded to keep the tension on the main spring.

get a pair of helper springs. they are light and easily compressed but strong enough to expand when unloaded to keep the tension on the main spring.
To be honest, the thought has crossed my mind. Theyre readily available from demon tweeks etc. Whenever I've bought coilovers for other cars (kw, weitec, etc) theyve all had helper springs.

To be honest, the thought has crossed my mind. Theyre readily available from demon tweeks etc. Whenever I've bought coilovers for other cars (kw, weitec, etc) theyve all had helper springs.
iirc the Koni coilovers seem to be the ones that come with them

I’ve got the stance + street and down 80mm on the front and no issues at all. Also meyle top mounts fitted.

I’ve got the stance + street and down 80mm on the front and no issues at all. Also meyle top mounts fitted.
Thanks, thats good to know. Do your springs become loose when you jack up the van? How far down the thread are your adjuster rings?

Update:
Kit is on, wasnt too bad on my own, on the drive with plenty of tools, about 3hrs sorted the front and 1hr for the back.
both front and rear are sitting as low as they can without having wobbly springs when the van is jacked up. I think it looks good!! The back is about where i want to be but i feel im going to have to lift the back 15mm or so to level it out.
Short drive and all seems to be surprisingly pleasant.

3EFAB8C2-B587-491D-AA32-DCD01CD3FC52.jpeg

Wheel centre to arch apex measurments for those interested.
Nsf 390mm
Osf 390mm
Nsr 373mm
Osf 374mm

Lifted the rear to 390mm now. After a drive its settled down again 2-3mm. i’m happy with that for now until the new 18” steels go on and the bed is fitted, as i might need to compensate for the extra rear weight. I’m only about 5mm off max height for the rear.

Back